ebay sending unit?

-
I bought my 3/8" sending unit off of ebay and haven't had any issues. At the time I did some research, as it turns out there's only a couple (and I mean a couple, not even a few) companies that make them. The one I bought off of ebay was the same brand I could order at Kragen or Napa,and for a lot less. Not sure if Manicini's part is the same, but there's a good chance it is.

I have that same EXACT sending unit in a box that was on my car for maybe 2 weeks tops. Couldn't get it to stop leaking. Turns out the tank was damaged and the previous owner had sealed it with bubble gum and bailing wire. I bought a whole new tank and another sending unit.

I still have the sending unit above. It is only very slightly used and would be willing to make someone a deal on it. Send me a PM if you're interested.

Here's a pict

Jan09001Small.jpg

I bought and installed one about a month ago, works fine. However, the gas gage is not as accurate as before. For example, it will read "full" until about 3 gallons have been run out, and when it is on "Empty" there is still about 4 gallons in the tank. The float arm is about 1/2 the length of the stock one. Other than that, it works fine.

05.jpg

For example, it will read "full" until about 3 gallons have been run out, and when it is on "Empty" there is still about 4 gallons in the tank.

I didn't notice that, but then again, I never got to fill mine up because it leaked every time the gas level got high enough. Those readings would be OK unless you are one of those people who run their tanks as low as possible before refueling. I only drive my car every couple of weeks or so and try to keep the tank above half full most of the time.

I bought and installed one about a month ago, works fine. However, the gas gage is not as accurate as before. For example, it will read "full" until about 3 gallons have been run out, and when it is on "Empty" there is still about 4 gallons in the tank. The float arm is about 1/2 the length of the stock one. Other than that, it works fine.

Actually both are OEM designs. You might find either in a 67 model.
My red car was built in Jan 67 and had the L tube . My ragtop was built in May 67 and had the Z tube. While one might make a noise in a slightly dinged tank the other design collects debrie in the resistor housing.
Gotta love engineers :)

Actually both are OEM designs. You might find either in a 67 model.
My red car was built in Jan 67 and had the L tube . My ragtop was built in May 67 and had the Z tube. While one might make a noise in a slightly dinged tank the other design collects debrie in the resistor housing.
Gotta love engineers :)

Interesting! I did notice the open design of the original equipment resistor housing. Odd. That just seems like begging for problems. But then, it lasted 36 years with no problems, and I only pulled it to put in a 3/8" sending unit.

-
Back