Ebay upper control arms

-

abodyjim

Reaction score
Ran across these small ball joint control arms on Ebay and for $194 I figured it was worth a shot and pulled the trigger.
Gotta say I'm pretty impressed with them and the only difference I see is the qa1 uses a proforged balljoint.

20191101_185551.jpg

20191101_185726.jpg

20191101_185855.jpg

20191101_190047.jpg

20191101_190113.jpg

Fit 64-72 Dodge Dart Valiant 2pc Front Upper Suspension Control Arm
$195.88
eBay
Free shipping
There's a few sellers with them. I believe the box said DNA motoring but nothing on their website. I'll look at the box tomorrow to make sure I have the name right

I saw several ads on Ebay with them after I searched. None of them say the same as the QA1 arm ads. The QA1 arms are advertised to give about 3 more degrees of caster. The unbranded arms just give some bullshit sales pitch. I would assume the generic arms are QA1 knock offs, with all the same features, but I'm not gonna assume with 200 bucks.

Ran across these small ball joint control arms on Ebay and for $194 I figured it was worth a shot and pulled the trigger.
Gotta say I'm pretty impressed with them and the only difference I see is the qa1 uses a proforged balljoint.

In this picture, the QA1 arm appears to have a much more tilted upper ball joint angle, which would give more caster than the no name arm. It could be the picture angle, but it does not appear to be.

ARMS.jpg

In this picture, the QA1 arm appears to have a much more tilted upper ball joint angle, which would give more caster than the no name arm. It could be the picture angle, but it does not appear to be.

View attachment 1715417227
That is probably my photography skills. I'll take some pictures tomorrow and try to capture the angle better.
It'll be spring before I get the car back together and see if they help with caster.

So, for $150 less than the QA1’s you get a bargain basement ball joint and no one to go back to if you have a problem. Not to mention a pretty good chance you’re buying imported, knock off parts.

I get saving money, I’m a cheap bastard at heart. But a UCA failure? No thanks. Not worth the risk for $150. Heck the cheap ball joints could knock $50 off the price just by themselves, easily.

That is probably my photography skills. I'll take some pictures tomorrow and try to capture the angle better.
It'll be spring before I get the car back together and see if they help with caster.

I'm not sure about that. Look at all four bushings. They are pretty much flat and on the same plane, yet the ball joint angles are very different.

I am not so sure I would buy cheap Made In China (most likely) suspension parts for my classic car. I really do hope they work well for you.

I'm not sure about that. Look at all four bushings. They are pretty much flat and on the same plane, yet the ball joint angles are very different.
I checked the ball joint angles and they are the same.
Doesn't really matter though because I'm sending them back. Turns out I need the big ball joint for the disk brakes.
Thanks everyone for slapping some sense back in to me

-
Back