EBC brakes

-

furyus2

Reaction score
Has anyone used EBC brake pads on their Mopar? Do they work? are they worth the price?

I have the red stuff pads on my Daily driver and from the factory my car came with ceramics. There is a HELL of a difference between the EBC and those brakes. Stopping power soooo much better. Just follow due the break in process the EBC tells/gives you.
They did squeak for the first 70 city miles as the coating the comes on the pad (do not remove that coating) but EBC stated that it would. Then they stopped. Now the only other thing I noticed that they kicked out a lot of dust for the first 1000miles or so (again EBC stated that they would) and since I just passed that mileage I just washed my car and wheels so I'll see how much they kick out, but so far so good!
They are totally worth the money and get my stamp of approval!

I sprung for the slotted rotors and the yellow pads for all four wheels on my 07 2500 CTD 4x4. I can tell you I noticed a big difference in stopping power. It takes very little pedal pressure as compared to the originals. I was happy with the originals as far as millage, I got about 130,000 miles out of them. Problem was the fronts would warp so easy. I turned the original front rotors 3 times. So far I have about 25,000 miles on them and time will tell how many miles I get out of them. But so far no warpage. They were pricey, the parts cost me $850.00

My pads (red stuff front and rear) cost me 155 through summit racing.

I run the red pads on the front of my car and they work awesome! Well worth the money. Yes excessive dust until they break in. But stopping power is excellent. Must have especially on a manual brake car. Lot less leg effort to stop the car.

So, on my weekend cruiser/ occasional 12 sec 64 Sport Fury, do I want the red,yellow,or green. Not concerned with dust too much since I keep the car clean. I want the best stopping power with 11 3/4 disc front/ 11 inch drum rear manual. Thanks

Depends on weight of car/power. Yellow, green, red are for diff apps. Just read each pad and go with the one that suits/fits the best for you.

Ran EBC green on my '99 Regal GS. They are nice, but the fronts wore out kinda quick- it's my wife's 'work' driver and I run Caddy STS discs up front, so they got driven gently. Good stopping power, no noise, just a little soft.

The rears? The "Green Stuff" pads are still hanging in there

-
Back