EDE RPM vs. Weiand Stealth - same performance?

-

360duster

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

did anybody use these both intakes on the same engine? Are there differences performance wise?

according to the data from manufacturer the intakes are nearly equal height and runner size. just wondering if they both perform the same.

Thanks for any input!

Michael

X2! Eddie gets all the media attention,dont see a ton of weiands stuff being used in mags etc..

Love to see some heads up info on the non eddie intakes like weiand,mp, indy,etc etc etc.

Here on this site, member Myron, how is a constant champ in his class running a create engine has tried the 2 intakes. He runs faster with the Weiand. Exxactly which model Weiand I forget. But as he is so fond of saying, "It's what this engine likes" is OH so true.

Well, actually I tried the Weiand Stealth against a Holley Strip Dominator one weekend. The Holley was maybe .10 faster, but that was on "MY" particular combo which has a lot of gear, converter and cam duration. Maybe I could have gotten it a bit closer with more tuning. But the impression I got was that the Weiand Stealth would have worked as well or better in most milder combinations.

I did find that the Weiand picked up at least .05 by jetting 3 #'s different between sides with the lower "plane" needing to be richer. I was using a 1" tapered 4-hole spacer on both intakes. I don't know if the same "stagger jetting" would help on other dual plane intakes.

I agree with locomotion. The Weiand's fuel distribution isn't as good as the Eddy's but the eddie has more top end potential and the Weiand has a bit more off-idle grunt.

It really depends on your combo. I'm running the Weiand Action + with a 1" open spacer on the RC. Engine is built to top out at about 5300 rpm..... It's a good match but I had to stagger jet.

-
Back