Ede. Torker II single plane

-

project360

Reaction score
ive seen some impressive numbers on the net, and how well this intake dominates many others. anyone running it with the same satisfaction ive been reading about..

thanks. i was hooked on an M-1 but now may go another route.

the ede. tkr II i was reading in a 360 intake shoot out carries the torque with in 10 ft lbs, of any of the dual planes tested, however gives the same peak hp as the holley strip dominator and the victor, out of the 5 or 6 intakes dynoed, the trkr II looks to be a great all around, more torque than the dominator and victor, and more hp than the reg. torker and rpm intakes tested. I dont plan on rev. more than 6500 rpm.

the test engine was 10.5 to 1, custom grind solid cam, lightly ported Js with 2.02s...
made 472 hp at 6000 rpm and peak tq at 4400 rpm with the torker II. It was in a musclecar mag. shoot out.

has anyone seen any dyno testing and raw numbers from an M-1

Who dyno'd the engine? Most magazine shootout numbers (if done at WesTec) are known to be inflated.
I wouldn't runt he Torker on anything now-a-days. The RPM or M1 are better pieces IMO, with the Victor 340 giving the knod on strokers. I like the Torker II on RBs, but anything smaller I think there are better out there.

The Air Gap had better dyno numbers then both the torker 2 and the M1 and its a dual plane,according to the article someone posted on here a while back..

Torker II is a good intake, better than the holley strip dominator i have on now, it has a smaller plenum, and the runners start out tall and skinny on their way to the head where they take the normal port shape. I would run a duel plane on a mild 340/360, but if your going to port the heads and try for the 425/450 hp range with a good hi stall converter i would go single and try it out, there have been more than a few torker II's for sale for $100 mainly due to the bad rap that the old torker got.

Attachments

• 71 Demon 340 (63) (640x480).jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 282
heads are ported with a good flow rate. i hate to leave anything on the table due to intake choice, and yes, that was at west tech, and yes out of a magazine, and usually who ever pays more for the add will rain victorious, or so it seems one sided like that at times. I may give it a try with an M-1 or Air gap as a back up.

I have a Torker II 340. The bad rap this intake gets is mainly due to the (Then new) RPM intake handing out more torque down low. Edelbrocks only other offering back in the day was the Performer. This is a problem when you want to step up the program of power. Your only other choice Edelbrock had for you was the TorkerII or the Victor.

Other intakes like the LD-340 were discontinued and left to swap meets. Weiand makes the Action plus which is very good.

The best way to use a Torker II 340 is as a on the cheap light drag unit. The RPM makes more Torque below 300-ish RPM, so use a set up that makes power and uses a stall converter to skip the RPM's below 3000 and a high gear ratio.

Also note that this intake has skinny ports. The idea behind that is to get this intake to be workable on the street while maintaing a reasonable torque and RPM abilties. You can port match the intake to the head all the way up the runners. This will add some up top power at the expense of low RPM torque in most cases. But then again, if your doing that, your really not caring about power down low. You can massage this intake to go to 7000 RPM.

An example of where this intake could be of use would be on top of a preety stout short block and a little BIG cam at min. BIG carb and 1-3/4 header tubes. 4.30+ gears.

If your cam is under 250* @ 050 and your on the street, go dual plane for better drivabilty.

thanks rumble, i kinda hoped to hear what you may say after seeing you had one for sale, -- this is not going to be much of a street machine, carb is a proform 750 billet d/p on E-85, 3000 stall and 4.11s is where im headed in a 3000ish lb car, not sure of height or width in the mini tub. Hope to drive it to the track and to the mopar meet on saturday nights, im not in too cruising, just want to go fast !
cam is pretty stout along with the compression, and i believe a dual plane would leave ALOT of top end on the table.. If i could find some info on the top end of the victor in comparison to the M-1 etc. etc, i will just keep looking.

thanks for the info.

Mopar Muscle did a intake shootout for the small block and the Torker II surprised the snot outta them and did a lot better than they thought. They are good intakes.

Here is the intake manifold comparison. The Torker II intake was an "orange" in an otherwise apples-to-apples comparison. Not saying there is anything wrong with the intake, just that it wasn't a fair comparison to include THAT particular Torker II intake.

http://www.moparmusclemagazine.com/...8_dyno_testing_small_block_intakes/index.html

Quote from the article:

"All of the manifolds were run out-of-the-box stock, with the exception of the Torker II-which had been port-matched and received minor plenum work, along with a heat shield underneath."

According to that article the air gap put out more tq. and was right on par in h.p. with the torker II...

guess im going to port match and plenum work a torker II and see what happends, the peak results are at a minnimum where i would like to be,

According to that article the air gap put out more tq. and was right on par in h.p. with the torker II...
Ha ha ha ha, yes, that was covered.

guess im going to port match and plenum work a torker II and see what happends, the peak results are at a minnimum where i would like to be,

I'm not sure who does what to the plenum area for more HP. The work is expensive to have done. Start with the port matching. It's something you can do yourself.

i may port match it my self first to see what it does, and the guy doing my heads said he will port match and polish the runners through out and clean up the intake center for maximum flow for about 400. its a little spendy, but if it picks up the ponies, i dont mind spending. he said 700 to open up the runners all way, but for my set up, thats would be a little much i think.

Port match the runners your self as far as you can reach in. You'll be fine. Save the cash.

well, after all this debate, i ran across an M-1 in town this morning for 160.00, im jumping on that and see how it performs..

I went from a torker 2 to a victor back to back test and piced up 3tenths in the qtr. Both intakes had work done to them. Also the torker is taller and has alot of extra ports for sensors etc.

if you have a strong motor the Victor will be better, the torker II i would guess is best for 340/360 ci engines in the moderate HP levels 375 to say 450hp range any stroker or hi hp type would be better with a victor ect..

I've been down this road. My combo in a '69 Dart was very similar but I had nicely ported heads and the smallest solid lifter cam Hughes made with 4-speed and 3.55 gear. The best manifold hands-down was the RPM Airgap deeply ported to match the heads. The second best manifold was the Weiand Stealth ported the same way. Strong pull from 2,000 rpm to 7,000 plus.
Pat:cheers:

-
Back