Edelbrock 1405

-

grjammer

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
fine tuning the carb I found the driver side air/fuel adjustment will not cause the idle roll off when turned in all the way. left side turned in will kill the car. less than 100 miles on the carb, new filter always. dual plane eddy performer. tried to find an air leak spraying fluid around base and intake, nothing.

any ideas? I have a new gasket to try next. just runs too good to tear apart :burnout:

possible vacuum leak on that half of intake, retorque intake manifold check power booster for leak also vacuum hoses.

Pull plugs and see what they say, and keep in mind the left idle circuit affects the right side plugs on a dual plane.
I think you may be way rich on one side and lean on the other.
This can cause what you are saying is happening.

Run both air/idle screws in all the way and back out one turn each and go from there.

Also sounds like something is obstructing fuel flow in the carb. Do not discount dirt even though everything is brand new.

Remove the mixture adjustment screw that you can screw all the way in without any idle RPM change. Take your air hose and blow some compressed air through the passage in the carb. Replace the screw and see if that helps. Many times as mentioned by Rob, things get blocked up inside.

Ron

-
Back