Edelbrock 2177 Cams???

-
Near stock, the slightest of an idle. Is a a very mello cam. A step above stock kind of cam.

i know this is kind of apples and oranges, but i ran an eddy performer cam in my 440 and it was a great cam for that package. sounded healthy and performed well.

there are many variables to how a cam sounds, compression being chief among them.

i know some people get worked up about how a cam sounds (ie thumpr cams) but i'd be much more concerned about how it performs. you can have one that sounds absolutely nasty at idle and sucks for performance.

It's such a good grind that every other camshaft manufacturer in the world has their own version of it. It's a very old school grind that's been around a very long time. It's easy on valve train parts and works very well for a daily driver.

Last edited:
FWIW back in the late 80's I tried literally a dozen cams in a E58 360... Low compression, nothing special but I kept trying cams, manifolds, carbs & timing curves to get it running the best I could... The 2177 with an LD340 that had been modified to accept a Tquad was the final combo that I kept on the motor for over ten years until it was replaced with a healthy 340...

I assume this is going in a low compression teen and that's a great choice, especially with stock gears. As far as sound, you may get a hint with headers and the timing retarded some, but with a good tune i doubt you'll notice it.

-
Back