Edelbrock Avs2 - Powdercoated of plain finish?

Powdercoated or not?

• Yes to Powdercoated

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • No to Powdercoated

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
-

Wvbuzzmaster

Reaction score
Looking at a Edelbrock AVS2 650 CFM to replace my Edelbrock Performer 750 on my mild built 340. I know the 650 will do what I need vs the 750... if was racing I would consider Holley but this is street driver. So there is an option for black powder coat on the Eddy AVS2... is there any benefit to this? Anyone have experience with powdercoated carbs? I called Edelbrock and they said it’s only a preference, no benefit. However, on Holley carbs they have anodized carbs and say it’s for corrosion resistance. So would it be worth it to get a Eddy AVS2 in powdercoated or should I save $50 and buy the regular one?

Your choice of color. I would think the coated one would stay looking better longer.

I've had my natural finish AVS2 for all of a month and the finish is already getting spotty. Not that I care, it's hidden neatly under a big 14 inch Edelbrock air cleaner with a tall K&N filter element. But they're a really happy street carburetor and really easy to tune to get very good response. My only regret is the parts store didn't have the 800 that I wanted to run on it instead.

I've had my natural finish AVS2 for all of a month and the finish is already getting spotty. Not that I care, it's hidden neatly under a big 14 inch Edelbrock air cleaner with a tall K&N filter element. But they're a really happy street carburetor and really easy to tune to get very good response. My only regret is the parts store didn't have the 800 that I wanted to run on it instead.
I have one waiting in the wings for my 318 with a old school LD4B. It should work good if I can get it dialed in.

I have one waiting in the wings for my 318 with a old school LD4B. It should work good if I can get it dialed in.
I don't think you'll have any trouble at all. Optimizing the static timing and idle mixture via vacuum gauge, bringing the total 34 degrees in by 2200, and moving the pump link to the largest shot has almost eliminated the dreaded Edel-Bog. It may tune the rest of the way in with primary metering rod springs and maybe metering rods.

Last edited:
-
Back