Hey guys,
This is on a car I just bought.
Not an LD4B...
Maybe taller than LD4B.
What can anyone tell me about it?
It's on a really good running 318.

Thanks,
Tom

If it is a d4b then it is the one made for the 64-65 273 that had the different bolt angle.

I'm not a complete luddite... but not too far off. No camera.
I'd say it's similar to an LD4B, low/medium rise two plane.
Haven't had the carb off to see if the divider in the plenum is fully divided or partially cut-out. Don't really need to find out... Car runs great!
Just picked it up, from somebody here!
PO didn't really know a whole lot about the car (apparently it was already built when he got it), though he had done quite a bit of work on it (all new brake bits and some front end work, as well as other stuff). Now it's my turn... Had it a week and put motor mounts in (the made in India ones went the first time I mashed it), dialed in the timing and carb a bit better. Lots to do...
I know nothing about the 318 that's in it, besides it build date is six years newer than the vehicle. And that it really runs quite well for what was expected to be totally stock internally.
70 Dart, 318 with a 1406 Edelbrock, unknown brand headers, 2-1/4" duals, and a mopar electronic ignition with an orange box. 8-3/4" 489 case w/3.55, XHD leaf springs, and B&M shifted 904... all other bits unknown. Lumpy idle...
Mash it from a standstill and the tires are still makin' noise all the way into second gear.
It's a daily driver... needless to say, I'm smiling...
And it WILL be making a trip to Atco in the next couple of weeks, after I do a few more things...

luddite? Good gravy, I had to look that one up! Sorry, I dont have change for a 1/4. (LOL ;) )

Have fun at ATCO.

-
Back