Edelbrock heads intake port size CC

-

ValiantRacing

Reaction score
I know everybody talks about flow bench numbers, but does anyone CC the intake port to see the size?, i would like to port a set to 200cc plus, has anybody done that?

Thanks

I know everybody talks about flow bench numbers, but does anyone CC the intake port to see the size?, i would like to port a set to 200cc plus, has anybody done that?

Thanks

I think my fully ported W2’s were 200 cc’s.

I think my W5’s were only 212.

The 18 degree runner is shorter than a 23 degree runner so looking at Chevy port volumes and comparing them to Chrysler stuff doesn’t pan out.

A good example is the Hemi. It’s freaking huge but only 195 cc’s I think.

It’s a very short port.

Thanks

The plugged and moved pushrod Procomp heads that I built came out right at 210cc

unnamed (3).jpg

I think the "Air Wolf" heads that never really panned out were advertised at 225cc. But, it may be my memory thats going... everything else sure is.

One of our members that’s on my ignore list used to promote these heads (Airwolf) and called me a lier a couple times for telling the real truth about this jerk and his heads.

AIRWOLF 220 Sbm heads tested on 360

I have never personally seen any Airwolf heads, except online.

They did have a catchy name though.

I've been trying to think up something similar to call mine. The best I have come up with that is similar to Airwolf is Dogfart heads, whatch ya all think?

I have never personally seen any Airwolf heads, except online.

They did have a catchy name though.

I've been trying to think up something similar to call mine. The best I have come up with that is similar to Airwolf is Dogfart heads, whatch ya all think?

I always like warped zone or Black Hole.

I've been trying to think up something similar to call mine.
i always thought that naming hardcore racing parts "Nothing Special" would be the funniest thing.

man! that thing makes a ton of power and it's crazy fast! what kinda heads are on it? Oh, nothing special.

or like reading the specs on a engine masters shoot out: 600hp 420 stroker, forged molnar rotating assembly, 11.5:1 compression, .650 solid roller, trick flow intake, nothing special heads.

-
Back