Edelbrock heads.

-
Has anyone had these heads ported for a decent price? Who and location? Flow numbers?
I highly recommend IQ52
Jim LaRoy .
Give him a call or send him a message .
Him and his son do impeccable work !!!
Plus he is a really cool guy !!
I can assure you will not be disappointed !!!
jim

I bought mine from Best Machine 6 years ago complete with what they call a "street port job" $2100.00.. lost my flow sheet but they flow/work very well according to my time slips..

The heads are 60779 the cam is a mopar 292/508 I'm sure there are better cams , but that's what I had .
I have had many compliments on
The way the car sounds .
It pulls really hard !!!
Jim

The heads are 60779 the cam is a mopar 292/508 I'm sure there are better cams , but that's what I had .
I have had many compliments on
The way the car sounds .
It pulls really hard !!!
Jim

Sounds good.

I highly recommend IQ52
Jim LaRoy .
Give him a call or send him a message .
Him and his son do impeccable work !!!
Plus he is a really cool guy !!
I can assure you will not be disappointed !!!
jim
This....

It is not a requirement. Buuut, where things are going to change with the AL heads with the standard stamped rockers are:
- Possibly/probably the geometry, which means the rocker-to-valve-stem angles are going to be off as the rockers move through the motion of opening and closing the valves. IMHO it is likely going to go out of whack at higher lifts.
- The pushrod lengths. The Edelbrock heads, for example, use a 1.800" installed spring height with higher valve tips as opposed to the 1.650" for stock. I would not expect the stock pushrod lengths to work.

I can't give better details as I have never placed a set of stamped rockers on an Edelbrock head to see. I just went right to adjustables. Do you have a valve lift in mind?

i ran the non adjustable rockers on eddy heads with hughes 230/237 camshaft ...never had any problems with them...I used the mopar heavy duty non adjustables...

that is it....could not remember the lift on it

Nice street profile for sure. I like the 1.6 rocker ratio addition. Though at that lift adjustable rockers may very well be required.
Glad to see it was run (@ 1.5 ratio) with OE style rockers without issue. Real good to know.

Ed. 60179s on my 340. With iron X heads it was pinging, even on 93 octane gas with the timing retarded. Put these heads on, it runs smoother, cooler, and no more pinging even with the timing advanced to where it should be.
What

Ed. 60179s on my 340. With iron X heads it was pinging, even on 93 octane gas with the timing retarded. Put these heads on, it runs smoother, cooler, and no more pinging even with the timing advanced to where it should be.

What Pistons are you running?

What Pistons are you running?
Not sure, as I did not build the shortblock. They look like stock flat top pistons with 2 small valve reliefs. They were above the deck just like stock 340 pistons. I recall measuring this and it conformed to the stock height.

I am thinking of going with dome Pistons mine is bored 20 over 4.060. My heads are 587 that are being ported by a friend . Also changing to 2.02 intake valves. We will select the cam after we get a little more done and pick the new torque converter to go with the cam.

What is going to be the use(s) for the car/engine? When I read domed pistons, then I think of SCR's in the 11:1 and higher with a big cam and that spells drag race and not a good cruiser engine.

What is going to be the use(s) for the car/engine? When I read domed pistons, then I think of SCR's in the 11:1 and higher with a big cam and that spells drag race and not a good cruiser engine.
The car is a 68 formula s 340 auto,489 reared with 3.91 gears . Msd ignition 1 5/8 headers 3" collectors 3" all the way out. Roller rocker ,eldo performer intake , 750 daul feed Holley. Bored 20 over.

-
Back