edelbrock performer rpm intake for 383

-

69formulaS3834speed

Reaction score
will a edelbrock performer rpm intake fit under the stock hood of a formula s baracuda with the stock wrinkle black unsilenced air cleaner? thanks jamie larsen

will a edelbrock performer rpm intake fit under the stock hood of a formula s baracuda with the stock wrinkle black unsilenced air cleaner? thanks jamie larsen ]:snakeman:

It should if you can get a drop base for it to be on the safe side, Ford Motorsport sells , ... used to sell , a chrome top drop base aircleaner that uses the same filter diameter as the 68-69 unsilenced air cleaner , I've fitted it to a carter , you just need to work the fuel inlet line a little , no problem if you are running a holley.

I'm going to try it on my 383 Dart in the next few months just as a fit check for a later, and greater, project .

69formulaS3834speed;

Do not enter your e-mail in for replies. Replying via e-mail only helps you and not the forum and its members. It degrades the forum and its knowledge wealth. Others may have your same question.

Come back here and read your answer.

will a edelbrock performer rpm intake fit under the stock hood of a formula s baracuda with the stock wrinkle black unsilenced air cleaner? thanks jamie larsen

I have a Eddy Performer RPM on my 383 in my '68 Dart. It fits fine under my Power Bulge hood. I have about one inch to spare..8)

On top of the Perf RPM I have a Holley 750 and a Trans-Dapt 14" X 3" air filter, with a 1" drop base.

Pics:

engine004-1.jpg

The Dart's engine bay about 2 years ago:

DartGT010107001.jpg

And how it looks at present, with Cold Air Induction system installed:

MomAuntTinaandUncleJohnny001.jpg

-

the unsilenced air cleaner i have wont even work on a stock intake with a b motor in an abody. im going to cut the base and drop it myself.

I used a Weiand intake with a Holley 750 and a drop base and the original air cleaner top for a while. I had the aftermarket top on the air cleaner, and one day just tried the original top to see if it fit- same air cleaner element used and no problems.

Attachments

• DSC04108.JPG
    116.1 KB · Views: 588
  • DSC04532.JPG
    128 KB · Views: 588
i know a lot people are ask about fitting the unsileced air cleaner, you can find shorter filter elements that will help for it. i searched some specs online and the one that was in it was taller than the factory one thats why it wouldnt even fit with a stock intake, i put a filter for a corvette it lowered it a bunch. i think i found about 4 different hieght filters in a diameter that would work with the mopar air cleaner.

-
Back