Edelbrock Performer RPM

-

wigsplitter74

The Mopar Kid
Reaction score
What are anyones opinions on an edde Performer RPM(EDL 7176) In comparison to say an Edelbrock LD340 or maybe the Edelbrock Air Gap intakes?? I know a lot of people are in love with the Air Gap and I likd the design of it too but I'm on one serious budget and that intake hasn't exactly hit the swap meets yet ya know. I've got a mild 360 with an auto and 3-3500 stall. Hope I put this in the right place, I'm open to suggestions on other intakes as always thanks. PS how about that crosswind intake?

In my opinion If you can't afford the Air gap,the LD 340 is a great manifold that can be picked up for a good price.
I've used them for over 30 years.

If it is a mild 360 an Eddy Performer would be fine. Not much "real" difference with the Air-Gap vs RPM. Maybe 2-5hp max. I like the RPM but the Air-Gap sounds and looks cooler basically.

What are anyones opinions on an edde Performer RPM(EDL 7176) In comparison to say an Edelbrock LD340 or maybe the Edelbrock Air Gap intakes???

The RPM and the RPM Air-Gap are the same intake everything wise except the different bottoms that make it an air gap or not. The regular RPM is heated via the cylinder head just like a stock intake. This is good for double duty/cold weather driving. With the air gap model, it will take a few minutes to warm up the carb until it operates well. Much like a big block engine.

I have a LD-340 as well as the air gap. The LD-340 is a excellent intake. Not as tall though. If a new intake is out, you can get a LD-340 for about half the price as a new intake and not sacrafice performance a bit. It will stand nearly te to toe with the RPM series intakes.

IMO, I'd stay away from a Performer. It's gain has yet to be worth any effort to make a swap worth anything. A Iron intake (OE/stock) is better for the bigger engines.

(Mine is modified as per the MoPar books outlined and now it performs even better than. I purchased the intake used and it had been modified for use with a T-Q carb. Later it had the center divider milled and ports touched up.)

Thanks guys, now I just got to find an LD340 or talk a guy I know out of his. I got into a small argument with a vendor at a swap meet this weekend, he clained an LD4B is the same identical intake to an LD340 and Edelbrock cast it with different letters to sell more, I think he's paranoid or he really wanted to sell me his LD4B. Doesn't the 4B have smaller ports than the LD340??

-
Back