Edelbrock RPM cylinder head (60779)

-

Aspen79

Reaction score
On there 60779 eddy small block head has anyone else had clearance issue with valve cover. I am use a set of speed master roller rockers and the Edelbrock elite valve covers would not clear. Has anyone had this problem or what kind of valve covers are you guys running.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 527
Valve cover = MP Black wrinkle
Roller rockers = Comp Cams offerings

I run comp steel rollers with old Cal Custom valve co

attachment.php

attachment.php

Using Hughes roller rocker and DC Chrome Valve covers. I also tried the Eddy covers but the interference was with the hold downs.

Attachments

• stroker003.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 470
  • stroker001.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 504
What is the rocker ratio and cam lift? Are they hitting a baffle? Correct push rod length? Any install pics?

I have the comp pro mag roller rockers and the Mopar Performance valve covers, no hitting. That said the Mopar Performance cover I have didn't like that Air-Gap intake but I made it work.

I have the same Eddy heads, the Comp Pro Magnum roller rockers and a set of old-style 41763 Edelbrock cast valve covers, which are pretty tall. None of the rockers hit.
edl-41763_w_ml.jpg

Maybe the Eleite covers are short?

As a side note from 1970Dusters post, the valve covers can and often hit the intake manifold when you try to install them. It is possible to ether find a thicker gasket (In which I did, but do not remember whom the gasket was from.) or notch the valve covers to fit around the intake runners.
This is not a big deal and it is routinely done.

Someone on moparts sells vc spacers. Can't remember who.

There's these gun ships from Mopar Performance. Cleared our 1.6 Erson rockers with no probs on our W5 mill.

I like those "Gunships!"
What's the braided line to/for?

Maybe the Eleite covers are short?

As a side note from 1970Dusters post, the valve covers can and often hit the intake manifold when you try to install them. It is possible to ether find a thicker gasket (In which I did, but do not remember whom the gasket was from.) or notch the valve covers to fit around the intake runners.
This is not a big deal and it is routinely done.

Agreed, on the Edelbrocks I have, the lip at the top edge of the cover (that's supposed to hold the gasket in place) needs to be ground off. I don't even bother checking these anymore, because 95% of the time that lip hits on aftermarket intakes. Just remove it.

What is the rocker ratio and cam lift? Are they hitting a baffle? Correct push rod length? Any install pics?

1.5 ratio, 510 lift, but like somebody posted earlier they interfere with the hold downs as it the hold down are just a hair too long.

This is the only pic I have of the heads and rockers

Attachments

• image.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 312
I think I am going to try these

Attachments

• image.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 312
I have the comp pro mag roller rockers and the Mopar Performance valve covers, no hitting. That said the Mopar Performance cover I have didn't like that Air-Gap intake but I made it work.

X2, I had to clearance the edge of the valve cover where it interfered with the intake runner...after that all was well.

I like those "Gunships!"
What's the braided line to/for?

got them with a bunch of parts we bought..... stupid things list for $350 :wack: Ran them on our W5 mills..... just a wall decoration now.

Block was filled. We had additional cooling from the timing cover to the side of the block. We drilled the filler to flow to the center of the heads.

Yea man! Those MP covers price is crazy. Great looking covers, but dang the cost. Like a 6 pack, ya get them because you want them. at least you lucked out in a group purchase on them.
Taking water from the center of the head? Or giving it?
Going from the center of the head, intake side out wasn't an option or just harder?
Just wondering.

For my Fargo sweptline 340 with Eddie heads, I'm running hughes 1.6 roller rockers and oldschool M/T covers. No issues.

This is the only pic I have of the heads and rockers

I though of clearancing the hold downs but decided the chrome DC cover matched my air cleaner better the the Eddy Cast covers.

Attachments

• photo(36).jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 200
-
Back