Edelbrock springs?

-

Kevin D.

Reaction score
I would like to move up to comp. .525 solid cam. Do you think I could get away with running the stock springs that come with the edelbrock performer heads for small blocks? It says good for lifts up to .575 but I am pretty sure that is for hyd. cams. Your input very much appreciated,Thanks Kevin.

I would imagine they would be fine. I don't think the springs care if the cam is solid or hydraulic.

A call to Edelbrock or your cam manufacturer would be an idea if you have doubts.

my 528 purple cam has duel springs i bought comp springs an retainers keepers .... what about the converter your going to have to run with that much cam.... hows the compression 10.5 or better just a few ? for thought .... big cams dont make you fast unless the combination is right ..

check the spring pressures/installed heights.

A spring mic is one handy tool to have also.

but basically make sure you have around 120-130 seat pressure and at least 300-320 open pressure @ .5-.550 lift

my 528 purple cam has duel springs i bought comp springs an retainers keepers .... what about the converter your going to have to run with that much cam.... hows the compression 10.5 or better just a few ? for thought .... big cams dont make you fast unless the combination is right ..
3200 stall 4.88 gears, performer rpm intake, holley 750 hp, elec. fuel pump,Kevin.:read2:

-
Back