Edelbrock Victor small block head……

-
Here is a pic of where i drilled the inner holes using a long series 17mm cutter Wayne at Edelbrock said i would be fine done about 4,000 street Km's just pulled it down to check couldn't find any issues 426 R3 block had to open up the push rod holes for 3/8" smith bros push rods running 18 thou all round on the crane ultra pro lifter's very quite

View attachment 1716284446
What kind of oil pressure are you getting during idle and RPM?

About 25 idle hot 900 rpm 55 at 2000 up 10w30
Can increase by using smaller holes in the restrictors for the heads

How does one go about doing this? I'm idling at about 10-15 psi and about 25psi above 2000
How do you oil the heads i use 2 pipes into a T piece that goes to the oil pressure switch hole on the back of the engine then i drilled through the back of the head into the last rocker bar mounting hole tapped to 1/8" screwed in a couple of elbows , in the elbows i screwed & loctited 2 grub screws with a 1/16" hole drilled in each seem to get plenty of oil

How do you oil the heads i use 2 pipes into a T piece that goes to the oil pressure switch hole on the back of the engine then i drilled through the back of the head into the last rocker bar mounting hole tapped to 1/8" screwed in a couple of elbows , in the elbows i screwed & loctited 2 grub screws with a 1/16" hole drilled in each seem to get plenty of oil
I'm just running the stock oiling passages, seems to get oil to the rocker shaft via all 5 mounting holes for the rocker shaft. Could you provide pictures?

I would try plugging the oil galleries on the 2 pedestal's the oil comes up through then running for a moment & checking the pressure it may be bleeding off somewhere other than the rocker lubrication such as cam or lower bearings ,how many miles on the engine

I have a 340 stroked to 392 4 bolt millidon main caps ,promax heads with Harland sharp rockers in my TA challenger without the mod that get's good pressure 22 to 60 hot ,HV oil pump 10w30 i think the pump increases volume not pressure

Is there any chance you'd be able to show pictures of the modification you did?

Well my oil pressure and delivery issue has been solved. Did some searching on YouTube and stumbled on this video here.

Took my intake manifold off and sure enough, I hadn't put that plug in as I didn't even know about it. But now the engine is running nice and quiet and oil pressure is 25ish at idle and the highest I've seen it go was 75 psi at 5000 RPM. No leaks either

Lol Dont feel bad. When I bought my black duster around 2008 it had a high 11 second engine in it. Stock Edelbrock heads, 292 purple shaft hydraulic cam, 340 engine. This engine sounded like crap in the pits when my son at the time was racing it. From the water box through the 1/4 mile it sounded great. Plans were I was going to rebuild it and make it faster for him over the winter so we just raced it. After all Andy raced it for two years like that. Well on tear down I found not one, not two, but three plugs out. The plug in the video, the plug under the oil filter, and the press in plug under the rear main cap. Lots of guys forget that one. Lol. It sounded a lot better the next year.

Well my oil pressure and delivery issue has been solved. Did some searching on YouTube and stumbled on this video here.

Took my intake manifold off and sure enough, I hadn't put that plug in as I didn't even know about it. But now the engine is running nice and quiet and oil pressure is 25ish at idle and the highest I've seen it go was 75 psi at 5000 RPM. No leaks either

thats great been caught on that one myself

And for those that Dont know if you forgot that plug you can put it in without pulling the engine. Just pull the distributor and use a cut off piece of an allen wrench and an open or box end wrench. Lay rags in the valley because you are going to drop something.

-
Back