Effective Dome Volume on a 360

-
I know, I just thought i might've been off with the numbers. But Imma just take a little off the heads to make sure they are flat and then Im off to the road. Thanks thou

Well, don't try to remove material to gain compression. That'll be a REAL BIG cut. I think it takes around .100" to make 1 compression ratio difference. Then you're still in 8.5 territory. Just not worth it, cause now you have to mill the intake too. That's a lot of money in milling and now you have a top end that can only be used with itself.

Oh it'll fit right in and bolt in. My only concern is how the drivers side exhaust manifold is going to interact with the column shift three speed. I'm using C body HP manifolds and that puts the outlet several inches forward of the B body HP manifold, which is what I need. I've done some preliminary measurements and from what I see, it'll fit. Course you don't know till you really try it.

sounds good, taking note. I might like to try that soon. A big block on a light weight like that sounds tempting.

Last edited:
-
Back