Eh1 360

-

thejohnnyguy

Young Gun
Reaction score
I have the possibility of obtaining an EH1 360 engine. If I end up getting this it would need to be rebuilt. I don't know anything about them tho, are they different from regular 360's besides the heads? I call upon the vast amount of knowledge of my fellow FABO'ers. What are some good build tips if I wanted to build this engine with a lot of power?

EFI 360 engine?

Magnum or LA?

Never heard of a EH1....heard of a E58 though.

Sorry.

if you are going to rebuilt it...it does not matter what kind of 360 it is......

just rebuilt it to what you want.....

EFI 360 engine?

Magnum or LA?

Never heard of a EH1....heard of a E58 though.

Sorry.
"Because of a loophole in the emissions regulations the 1978 Dodge Lil' Red Express Truck's did not have catalytic converters, what the Lil' Red Express did have was a special High Performance 360 C.I. 4-barrel small block engine code (EH1) which was a modified version of the 360 police engine (E58) producing 225 net horsepower @ 3800 RPM. The package also included Hemi style mufflers with a crossover pipe breathing through 2 chrome stacks located behind the cab, a special 727 transmission and 3.55:1 rear gearing."

There ya go Prine.

Just rebuild however you like

The actual engine i think had a windage tray, Chromed valve stems, better valve springs damper spring like the 340, may have had a better timing chain. I could be wrong also!!

if you are going to rebuilt it...it does not matter what kind of 360 it is......

just rebuilt it to what you want.....

That's why I was wondering the differences. I've never rebuilt an engine so I don't know too much about the process and all the numbers can be confusing. I'm trying to read around and learn what I can. I plan on starting the build later on in the year as I have to finish 1 project before starting a new one...

It did have a windage tray and IIRC, a double roller timing chain.

However, if your rebuilding it, go brand new on everything ya can. (No so with the windage tray. You can re-use a lot of parts, but others can be replaced as needed.

-
Back