Electric Choke Help

-

blackace

The KING of flats
Reaction score
Well I purchased all the parts I need to set up an electric choke on my part # 4779 4150 mechanical secondary Holley Carb.

Picked up a HLY-45-457 Choke Shaft, HLY-45-458 Choke Plate, and a HLY-45-224 Holley Electric Choke Conversion Kit. All seemed to be going smooth I installed the choke shaft then the choke plate. After that installed the new fast idle lever. Then you are to install the choke plate and thats where I ran into a problem, it won't fit because of a vacuum line.

Here is where I think I ran into a problem. The instructions state.

1. Remove the three (3) screw securing the manual choke. Remove the fastener clip from the choke rod and the manual choke backing plat. Retain the fastener clip for a later time.

2. Remove the screw holding the fast idle levers. Remove the fast idle kever and spring. Retain the scre, pring and small lever for a later time.

3. Check the two (2) counter-bored holes to see if either is driller through. Blow compressed air into either of these holes. If air exits from the bottm of the carburetor, plug the hole with the lead ball provided in the kit.

4. On automotive applications, use the new fast lever from the kit and the scre, spring, and small lever retained in step 2 above. Assemble the parts onto the throttle shaft. Assemble the lever onto the throttle shaft.

With step three is where I ran into a problem. I didn't find any counter bored holes, only the vacuum line that if I blow air into it exits from the bottom of the carb.

Is this the hole that i am supposed to plug with the lead ball? See pic 1

If so, Where do I connect the vacuum line? On the choke housing? See pic 3.

With the vacuum line there I cannot install the choke plate. The reference pic doesn't show the vacuum line that I have located in the throttle body. It does show a vacuum line but it is under the primary fuel bowl.

Hopefully I described everything the best I can. I apologize if some the terminology is incorrect. I am still somewhat of a newbie.

carb.jpg

carb2.jpg

carb3.jpg

carb4.jpg

-
Back