Electric choke issues?

-

ATW

Reaction score
318 with an Eddy carb with electric choke... Choke seems to work fine... when choked it'll sit at 1500 RPM... and when the choke isn't engaged it'll idle at 700 RPM... that's all fine and dandy... however..

More often then not, the choke will engage the fast idle cam and it will be stuck there.. no matter what the car temperature is. I can drive the car for 15 minutes and have it at 210 degrees and the car's idle is still over 1000RPM. It will cruise at 35mph without touching the throttle. :scratch: I have to get out of the car and manually put it off. Sometimes I can smash on the throttle and it will pop off of the fast idle cam, but I don't wish to have to do that anymore. Do I have to back off the screw that sets the fast idle cam adjustment? It just seems like it sticks on too much and that it is choke related, not the idle point for it....

Any info is appreciated. Thanks.

Plus, when the car is warmed up and I shut it off, it's a b***h to get it fire back up. The pedal has to go to the floor to get it to fire again... seems like a related issue.

-
Back