Electric Conversion

-
Sorry for the confusion. I saw the box mounted to the firewall that looked like the other ECUs but after looking closer it is only has two wire(black/blue). They feed into one of the distribution blocks on the firewall.
There is only one black wire coming out of the dizzy that I can see and its going to the negative terminal on the coil.

You CAN actually trigger a Mopar ECU with points, but I doubt that is what the OP has

Yes, that is the Chinese HEI distributor. Search "ready to run" and "HEI" for many threads here. It works well for most. They only make one for SB & BB, so if a slant you must "roll your own". You can buy just the distributor from Skip White Performance ($45 ebay) and that e-core coil for $20, at least I did a few years ago. So figure if the plug wires are worth another $60.

The HEI kit that TrailBeast sells is the 8-pin module & coil from 85-95 GM V-8 trucks. You could also get all the parts from the junkyard. The main advantages are that it uses better connectors and allows a later option for computer spark advance control (w/ Holley Commander 950 or others). But, you must also get an electronic Mopar distributor.

-
Back