Electric cooling fan

-

khaley71

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for an electric cooling fan with a shroud that will fit in my Dart. I have a 71 Swinger with a slant 6 and stock radiator. I have a fan assembly I think is from a 93 Taurus. The problem I'm having is the fan assembly needs to be slim. I tried a test fit with the Taurus fan and shroud and there isn't enough room between the water pump pulley and the radiator. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance FABO

If you want an electric slim fan, try a Zirgo ZFB16S 16". Low amp draw, slim, but it doesn't have a shroud though. I'm either going to use the Taurus fan or that Zirgo. I still need to get my engine in to measure clearances to know which way I'm going to go. The Taurus was my preference since it has a shroud but Aves ran the Zirgo as a pusher on his 9 second 451 Dart with no issues.

I'm looking for an electric cooling fan with a shroud that will fit in my Dart. I have a 71 Swinger with a slant 6 and stock radiator. I have a fan assembly I think is from a 93 Taurus. The problem I'm having is the fan assembly needs to be slim. I tried a test fit with the Taurus fan and shroud and there isn't enough room between the water pump pulley and the radiator. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance FABO

What width radiator?
If its a 22" you might consider the Spal 2052
Your electrical system needs to be good and it would likely require a relay setup.

Attachments

• 30102052_SPEC.pdf
    143.8 KB · Views: 179
Yes it's a 22inch radiator, my electrical system is the factory system. My plan is to use a relay with the fan when I install one.

Yes it's a 22inch radiator, my electrical system is the factory system. My plan is to use a relay with the fan when I install one.

Open the pdf file I attached for the Spal measurements or check Fanman's website for same.

I had the taurus fan when I had the slant and had to "clearance" the webbing in the back of the fan, looked like crap but works like a dream.
It fits fine with the mag motors serp setup.
One thing is that if you're going to use the high speed, you'll need an 80amp relay. They can be found at your local salvage yard in a taurus. They have the same size box as a standard relay, but have 3/8 blades on bottom.

I've got a '95 Taurus fan I plan on installing on my big block Dart race car. Does anyone have pics of their install.

-
Back