electric fuel pump on demon

-

bigblocka

Reaction score
looking for pics/idea's on where to mount a holley blue pump on my demon with stock fuel tank and stock suspension.
any help will be appreciated.

This is a Carter, not a Holley blue pump but the same location should work. It is not as close to the tail pipe as it looks.

Attachments

• IMG_1097.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 236
I mounted mine right in front of the tank and to the right of the axle pumpkin. Got some oversize grommets, forgot, lowes? and dropped bolts and big washers down from top, and had no helper, so clamped a vise grip to the bolt from the trunk, then got underneath and put the nut on. The grommets of course were for noise insulation.

I also re-worked the rubber in the clamp around the pump motor to try and improve noise insulation. Mine, though was red, not blue.

hose for fuel line? do you have a death wish?

Look again, no death wish here. That's a 2 inch piece of fuel injection hose to connect the nipple on the pump to the 3/8 steel line you can see behind the tailpipe.

FYI even the steel braided line INSIDE the wheel well is not a good idea, and you won't pass tech at the drag strip if you have a good inspector. blown tire = a shredded line, spitting 90GPH of fuel, onto a sparking ignition source.

to the OP, if you are set on electric over a good mechanical (on a street car i'd stay mechanical). If you use a rotor pump like the holley, you sometimes have to run a check valve on the front of the pump to keep the fuel in the lines. these pumps are pushers not pullers. they usually can't siphon fuel up and over the factory sender. the check ball keeps the fuel in the lines, so you have fuel in the pump to continue the draw next time you flip it on.

-
Back