Electric Fuel Pump, with Return- Fuel System Questions

-

Prine

A-Body Fanatic
Reaction score
So....I am installing my 360/727 into my 74 Duster, in the next few weeks. I have done alot of research and reading but I have not found my answer yet so I figured I would ask for some input, and maybe a direction to go.

I intend to Single Turbocharge my 360 later on down the road, so I decided to have most of the Fuel System up to snuff before I actually mock up the turbo system so that I would not have to purchase 2 seperate fuel systems.

I purchased a single Walbro 255lph (93 Mustang Fuel Pump) electric pump and install kit off Ebay for $91.00 shipped.

I purchased a Stainless 3/8" A-Body Sending Unit.

I purchased a brand new 72+ Abody Fuel Tank.

I purchased a Mallory 4309 Bypass Fuel Pressure Regulator.

Ok....My question is this.
I intend to run a 3/8" return line to the tank.

What do I need to know about how my Duster (1974) fuel system is vented? And what will I need to change to be functional with a Intank Electric Fuel Pump, and a Bypass/Return style setup?

Thanks in Advance
Prine

That was a cool setup. Alot like mine. I wanted to use the stock pickup/sender so my factory gauge would work. I will be bracing my 255 pump as well so it does not move around. I am going to use a one way check valve when I vent it....maybe a PCV valve or something....that and I intend to leave the 5/16 charcoal canister vent line in place for a vent.

For a Bulkhead, I intend to drill a hole in the sender lid and install a 1/8NPT Plug that has a Hole Drilled in it big enough for (2) 10GA wires....and sufficiently epoxied.

My Intended RETURN will be a 3/8 NPT nipple brazed to the passenger side of the tank, aiming at the driver side/fuel filler.

I think I am asking this question on the wrong board......

-
Back