ELECTRIC Ingersoll Rand tools?

-

DakotaDuster

"I'm all in."
Reaction score
Just curious if anyone has tried any of their electric tools? I know they make a solid air tool, but curious if these are just rebranded junk, or are they as good as their air tools? Is it possible they are actually designed and made by IR? I'm asking because I'm in the market for a cordless 1/2" drive impact and they have a bit cheaper of a price when compared to either the Mac(DeWalt) or Milwaukee units that I am leaning towards.

I haven't sold any lately since we have our own Mac branded product but I used to sell the IR 1/2" 18volt impact. It was tough enough to take lug nuts off combine drive wheels. I would Google a model number or two and see if people have issues or not. The Mac stuff has been real good, I have heard good reports from the Milwaukee owners, and nothing but complaints from the Snap On owners. Apparently their NiCad tools were good bit the Lithium tools are very problematic. tmm

Yup that is the plan as well. Just wanted to ask around on the several automotive forums I'm on to get the biggest sampling of opinions. I love my Mac tools but we do not have a local Mac truck anymore so I have to consider that for getting batteries or warranty work etc. Most of my electric power tools are Milwaukee and I love the ability to get the job done, battery life, and reliability. I have used the Milwaukee unit and the power is astounding as I used it to take semi lugs off. So most likely that will be the one I end up with. At work we have a Snap-On impact and it's plenty capable for some of the larger bolts on the excavator and dozer but like you eluded to it's an older Ni-Cad unit. I with say the new Lithium powered grease gun we got to replace the 2 Ni-Cad units blows them out of the water so perhaps Snap-On is working on making better Lithium units. Time will tell I guess. Something I like to keep in mind is the aesthetics... more so when what ever products I'm comparing all perform relatively the same. The Mac & Milwaukee impacts look the best in that order. Then the IR impact, and I don't care for yellow DeWalts or turquoise Makitas. Although Makitas does have some solid power tools.

We have Milwaukee battery impacts at work, they work great but are very heavy. I suppose they have to be considering the battery and to hold up to the pounding they take.

i have the milwaukee fuel 2763 m18 fuel and it is a bit heavy but it kicks some azz. when i first got it i used it to remove the headbolts on my engine and it made quick work of them. i am really happy with it

i always liked milwaukee, have some myself. i requested the 1/2 and 3/8" impacts at work but they got me makita. at first i was kind of pissed but the stuff is awesome. that 1/2 impact is a monster. i think id go milwaukee fuel or makita instead of IR, i think they both have more tools you can share the batteries with.

Yup, that was another thing to consider. Batteries and battery chargers since most of my stuff is Milwaukee it really does make more sense to go that route.

-
Back