Electric inline sander?

-

pishta

I know I'm right....
Reaction score
Does anyone make an electric inline (body) sander for under $100? Not production quality, just a hobby grade. Unless my craftsman 6.3SCFM @90 psi compressor can handle a pneumatic one?

Does anyone make an electric inline (body) sander for under $100? Not production quality, just a hobby grade. Unless my craftsman 6.3SCFM @90 psi compressor can handle a pneumatic one?
I have never seen an inline sander that was electric. 8” orbital electric used to exist.

straightline sander says 28 SCFM air requirement! I got 2 palm sanders and a DA, probably just use those.

My ingersoll likes the air. The less you spend on an air tool, the more air it takes to run.

Based on you other thread, you don't do a lot of bodywork? I'd skip the air or electric sanders and get a couple of good durablocks. They will allow you to feel your work, and if you are not doing production work, a little extra time is no problem. Just my 2 cents, and what has worked for me.

yeah, Id use it for this truck and that's all. Just a few filler spots but it has long flat panels so I though an inline sander would make quick work of it. Ill manage with my DA and palm sanders and blocks of wood with 80 grit to knock the Bondo down.

yeah, Id use it for this truck and that's all. Just a few filler spots but it has long flat panels so I though an inline sander would make quick work of it. Ill manage with my DA and palm sanders and blocks of wood with 80 grit to knock the Bondo down.
I bought a brand new DA, used it once and went back to the Durablocks. I have a tendency to "oversand" and really have to think about it while I am working. When the filler starts changing colour (getting close to metal) it's time to stop.

16 " wooden long board sander and roll of long board paper in various grits for less than 75 bucks.
It will cut through bondo and leave a flat surface.
Dura blocks are for fine finishing.

Closest thing I see is like a belt sander. HF has um fairly cheap.

I have a good pneumatic inline sander, but I rarely use it. I'll you what, if you have a good 12-16 inch sanding block (I LOVE my Dura Blocks) with 80 grit sandpaper on it, you can accurately flatten an area almost as fast as with an inline sander. And by doing a sort of modified cross hatch pattern, I think I can actually get the area looking better than with an inline sander.

-
Back