Electric Rear defrost?

-

ldan201

74 Dart Swinger
Reaction score
I have a few questions for you's out there that know alot more about darts then me.

1. I found a 1975 Dart SE with electric rear defrost so I pulled the window but the switch was gone. Where did it go and what did it look like?

2. I found trunk filler panels for the trunk of 74 and up maybe earlier darts were these factory for SE cars? out of about 30 or more darts at they junkyard I was in I only found 2 sets (have both)

3. In 1975 they made a fuel saver system I found one car that I believe had it and pulled the entire wiring harness and a part for vacuum to control it. Is this system any good and worth installing on a 74? I don't think 74's could even get it.

4. My 1975 Valiant Brougham has a spedomenter in kilometers is this factory?

5. Anyone know where there is a good place to pick up A/c parts? I got a a/c control box and all the components for the a/c unit of a 318 but some of the fittings twisted off and the compressor is seized so I need to fix/replace them along with all the hoses

Thanks for any and all help If you want to see pictures of the yard let me know.

Dan

the only thing i can tell you is about the rear defrost. I have rear defrost on my 72 duster and if the 75 dart has it in the same place it will be on the bottom edge corner of the dash to the left of the steering colum. as to what it looks like its basically a chrome three position toggle switch attached to a black plate that reads Rear Air. hope that helps a bit.

if I find a pic I'll post it.

The speedometer is an actual Chrysler option for Canada cars (I'm not sure for which years) it is now prized by most or your fellow Canadians wanting to convert or are trying to find a repacement.

Thanks for all the help but I'm not talking about rear air/defrost my car came with that from the factory and as far as I know so did most of them but I have an electric rear defrost with the lines running through the back window I saw it in my 74 and 75 dart brochures it's at the back if you have the brochure. I have never seen the switch for It and have no clue how to set it up.

Thanks for the info about the spedometer I don't think I will ever use it but it does make a good spare and is very interesting.

Dan

-
Back