Electric vehicles

-

Coyote Jack

Member #55, I'm old
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I have a brother who is a big Corvette fan. He has owned many over the years. Last summer he picked up one after an 11 month wait. I had it out for a cruise and although it was a nice car it was not my cup of tea as it didn't have the raw horsepower that is available elsewhere or even from my Demon. I was talking to him yesterday and he told me he is #3 on the list to get one of the 2025 model year all electric Corvettes. After doing a little research and getting as much info on it as I can. (There is not a whole bunch out there yet.) My critique of his current one will not hold up on the electric version. It is supposed to be pretty much the same as his current car but with 1000 hp. That will be quite the cruise for me when he gets it. lol

Jack

I would be curious about the performance as well.
Contrary to what a lot of people think on here, Corvettes are great cars.
There's just no way I could get in and out of one!
lol

1000 hp electric? I wonder if that is calculated the same way a 5hp Harbour Freight compressor that plugs into the wall is.:)

I've seen one or two current 8th Gen models at cruise in's etc. In my opinion it's over-engineered. Too much to break, and too much plastic, although that trend has been accelerating for way too long. Lost my interest in the Corvette, when the transaxle was moved to the rear of the car. (1997). Yes know why they did that, trying to make it more "european". If I was in the market for a new "muscle" car, and they may very well be "going away" very soon, I'd buy a Challenger/Charger. And I'm a life-long GM enthusiast.

Last edited:
lol

I am real curious about the performance as well. But from what I have seen, electric vehicles have a lot of torque that is there as soon as you hit the go pedal. Our cars have a lagtime from when you hit the go pedal as to when your car actually moves.

I'm 6 ft, 250 lbs and it was a chore for me to get in and out of his current Vette.

Jack

1000 hp electric? I wonder if that is calculated the same way a 5hp Harbour Freight compressor that plugs into the wall is.:)

ANY OF YOU SEEN THE ADVERTISEMENT FOR THE ''MAMOTH 1000 RAM PICK UP?-----------1012H.P. !!

Haters gonna hate, But I just purchased a Tesla model S front and rear drive unit and a 68 Barracuda trashed body to start mocking up for my 67 Barracuda EV conversion. That’s right I’m gonna do it. I figure in 2036 it’s gonna be like MadMax to get gasoline. Wander if I can get the Mods to start an EV Conversion thread.

Haters gonna hate, But I just purchased a Tesla model S front and rear drive unit and a 68 Barracuda trashed body to start mocking up for my 67 Barracuda EV conversion. That’s right I’m gonna do it. I figure in 2036 it’s gonna be like MadMax to get gasoline. Wander if I can get the Mods to start an EV Conversion thread.
I’ll walk. Call me a hater. But i will not be buying an electric car, truck or any combination there of

Yeah, electric rides aren't my personal cup of tea, but some of them are stupid quick. That said, I need the sensory rush of a loud, thumping V8, stink of fuel and oil. Surely some will get walked by electric vehicles, but I'm ok with that. Driving the Duster is therapeutic and takes me back to a time in my life I truly loved. I know I won't get that in an EV, even if it is blazing fast.

Last edited:

Make sure you look up Kevin Erickson on YouTube.

You go for it! What hot rodding is all about
EV is not my thing but I wont knock what's not my preference, unlike some
As far as the moderators, go and post your own build thread and keep us up to date and best of luck

I wanna see you line the Demon up with it. You know, just to see what happens.

You think people on this thread are haters? Man do you ever need therapy.

You think people on this thread are haters? Man do you ever need therapy.
He might be refering to one or more of the threads about electric cars that had to be deleted. Lots of hate around here for electric cars. A trigger subject for some as to what is wrong with the world. I'm impressed to see this thread last this long. Thanks to everyone.

I've spent a little bit time thinking about this ev movement, the new ev Charger, and how Dodge has conducted itself with past models. Seems like ev's have to be presented with a gimmick to get people to buy them. Musk has been quite the Preston Tucker from the very beginning, not only with Tesla, but with SpaceX as well. The goverments of the world are basically bribing the general public with incentives to buy them, or forcing the general populace to buy them through mandates. If ev's were such a good thing, these actions wouldn't be necessary.

As far as Dodge goes, in the past, Dodge was never about gimmicks. Just clever marketing, attitude, and raw performance. Dodges never really had to be sold, they sold themselves. Looking at this Charger concept, it's loaded with gimmicks. The fratzonic exhaust does nothing to make it perform better. The erupt transmission doesn't make it perform better. Vipers didn't need accent lighting to be cool. Who gets in a new Challenger or Charger to watch videos and play games? Unfortunately, the more I listen to Tim about this new Charger concept, and the direction they're headed, the more of a sellout he sounds.

Last edited:
He might be refering to one or more of the threads about electric cars that had to be deleted. Lots of hate around here for electric cars. A trigger subject for some as to what is wrong with the world. I'm impressed to see this thread last this long. Thanks to everyone.
No, what's wrong with the world is people. People suck. That's never been a secret.

lol

proxy-image?piurl=https%3A%2F%2Fencrypted-tbn0.gstatic.jpg

I have a brother who is a big Corvette fan. He has owned many over the years. Last summer he picked up one after an 11 month wait. I had it out for a cruise and although it was a nice car it was not my cup of tea as it didn't have the raw horsepower that is available elsewhere or even from my Demon. I was talking to him yesterday and he told me he is #3 on the list to get one of the 2025 model year all electric Corvettes. After doing a little research and getting as much info on it as I can. (There is not a whole bunch out there yet.) My critique of his current one will not hold up on the electric version. It is supposed to be pretty much the same as his current car but with 1000 hp. That will be quite the cruise for me when he gets it. lol

Jack
1000 horsepower, travel distance, maybe 50 miles

Nobody actually talks about the TRUE travel distance of a electric vehicle, I'd like to see a real world test done such as using the heat,wipers, headlights, radio, all at the same time just like you would be doing in every day driving.

-
Back