Electrical Help/Questions!!!!!

-

whitey

Reaction score
I'm putting the wiring harness back into the Dart (73). And I need a little guidance, there is a yellow wire with a connector near the starter relay, can anyone tell me where it goes or what it's for?

Thanks guys,
Eric

Eric, that wire should be to the neutral safety switch for auto trans. I have the full diagram in psudo-color for 73 dodge. I'll try to PM you with them.

starter relay.JPG

Thanks,
I have the yellow/brown wire going to the starter relay. This is a solid yellow wire with a brown connector coming out of the same branch of the loom from the fire wall next to the thick red wire for the starter relay.

I'm guessing the only thing it could be is the washer pump or brake fluid warning since very little else there. I have a 73 Valiant here and neither of those 2 are yellow. Only yellow is to the starter relay on mine. not much help huh ?

I tried the mymopar site, that's where I got some of the schematic prints, PLUS the shop manual for the car. NONE, mention a yellow wire. I had an idea, I checked through all my pics and found ONE, of the starter relay with a very dirty yellow wire attatched to the back side of the relay. Now I just have to find the connection for the washer pump.

I wish this was done now!!!

I just looked at the wiring diagram and I can't tell either as far as color is concerned. If the wire is like you say and is next to the red wire in the connector then it is either the oil pressure sender or temp sender wire. I am guessing oil temp sender.

Chuck

The wiring diagrams in the "Detroit Iron" 1974 Dodge CD show an 18 Gauge yellow wire to one side of the starter relay coil, at terminal "L". Then there is _EITHER_ an 18 gauge Brown & Yellow (for Auto trans cars) _OR_ an 18 gauge Dark Green (for Manual Trans. cars) to terminal "G", the other side of the relay coil. I wouldn't think the '73 wiring would be much different. Hope this helps.

BC

I'm putting the wiring harness back into the Dart (73). And I need a little guidance, there is a yellow wire with a connector near the starter relay, can anyone tell me where it goes or what it's for?

Thanks guys,
Eric

It should connect to the starter relay and lead to the ignition switch.

-
Back