Electrical Problems (fuse box question) 1973 Duster

-

Speedotann

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I got a 73 Duster.... I am having problems with headlights and brake lights. They do not work.. I notice the fuse box is missing the 2 fuses on the far right. I noticed those 2 slots are missing the little clips at the bottom. Can someone tell me what those slots are for? I hope it will solve the problem. I do not want to take it to a shop if I do not have to. Thanks in advanced. If you need a picture I can try to get one asap.

B

Not 100% sure about '73, but in '74 there are several spots in the fuse block that were not used for anything.

Headlights do not go through the fuse box at all. There is a circuit breaker built in to the switch.

It's best to have the actual factory wiring diagram when checking things like this, but this site has diagrams that may help.
http://www.mymopar.com/index.php?pid=24

speedotann hae you check your ground straps front and rear ?????

speedotann hae you check your ground straps front and rear ?????

I checked the grounds, all in tact and good. I was screwing around the other day with underneath the dash and I flipped my lights on and they worked. Then I started to trace the brake light problem. After that stumped me, I tried the headlights again and they do not work anymore!! I am getting so Pissed. Should I call out a Mobile auto electrician ($25hr) to check it out? I have done everything else by myself (from rolling car).

Thanks,
B

I would check the bulkhead connector. It could be loose or have some corrosion or dirt in it.

The bulkhead connector is in the middle of the firewall. It's square/rectangular and all the wires running between the engine bay and passenger compartment run through it.

An allpar image of one:
bulkhead.jpg

-
Back