Electrical problems with my 02 ram.

-

BigStrok3

Mopar!
Reaction score
The speaker and door lock on my rear passenger side door dont work? Ive had the door panel off and everything trying to find out why. I noticed when I disconnected the power window plug that the radio would go off then the music would come back on agian and it would do this everytime I turned the key on and off. Also the speaker in the rear drivers side door was popping and stuff when this was occuring. Anyone have any ideas? I know this is an A body forum but mabey someone else here has had this problem?

Clearly the power that drives the speaker has nothing to do with the power that drives the window. The only thing I suspect they share is the cable hose. I would take an ohm meter and check the continuity of the cables.

The power window still works on the back, but I think the speaker and the power lock mechanism is ran threw the power window switch. I guess Ill have to pull out the test light and see if im getting power if not it almost has to be the switch.

It is hard for me to imagine why those two would run through the same switch but I have seen stranger things, I do not want to confuse you and waste your time so I want say anything more! Good luck and let me know what you found out.

It is hard for me to imagine why those two would run through the same switch but I have seen stranger things, I do not want to confuse you and waste your time so I want say anything more! Good luck and let me know what you found out.

Lol, Your not wasting my time. Ill post as soon as I find out if not I guess ill have to call a local dodge dealer.

-
Back