Electrical Speedometer

-
i have got this one on my bike http://procycle.autometer.com/CatalogGaugeDetail.aspx?gid=165
simple to wire as my bike already had a speed sensor. simple to calibrate, just need a measured (i used highway mile markers after verifying them with a gps) 2 mile stretch and you are good to go. change tires, gears just recalibrate. mine loses the trip meter setting after it sits for a while...just never bothered to deal with it yet...

I have a Stewart Warner. Easy hook up. Sender is a separate piece with all of these. With the SW, you have to turn the car off, hold in the trip button, and power on to enter calibration mode. That means mile markers on the Interstate won't work, unless I stop on the freeway.

I plan to go out on a back road with a spray can and make myself a couple precision spots. I first set the speedo with a buddy's GPS, but we weren't real careful and it wasn't quite accurate enough.

Still, if you change gears or tire size, no big deal. I like it.

Mark

I have a Stewart Warner. Easy hook up. Sender is a separate piece with all of these. With the SW, you have to turn the car off, hold in the trip button, and power on to enter calibration mode. That means mile markers on the Interstate won't work, unless I stop on the freeway.

I plan to go out on a back road with a spray can and make myself a couple precision spots. I first set the speedo with a buddy's GPS, but we weren't real careful and it wasn't quite accurate enough.

Still, if you change gears or tire size, no big deal. I like it.

Mark
that was how i entered calibration mode, i just stopped on the shoulder....i was out there at 2 in the morning so I did not have to deal with traffic.....

-
Back