Electrical wire to transmission

-

67dart_drop_top

Reaction score
I just reinstalled the 273 in my 67 Dart, and I was hooking up all the wires when I came across something I was not expecting. I have a wire that looks like it goes from the starter relay to my automatic transmission. It is grayish, brown or tan in color. Is this correct? And if so, what is its purpose?

It looks like it spent a few miles getting acquainted with my exhaust pipes. Whoever wired this thing left about two extra feet wrapped around my transmission cooling lines. I was glad to have a little extra, but I just wish it woul have been done right so that it would not have even been and issue.

Thanks for any help!

I just reinstalled the 273 in my 67 Dart, and I was hooking up all the wires when I came across something I was not expecting. I have a wire that looks like it goes from the starter relay to my automatic transmission. It is grayish, brown or tan in color. Is this correct? And if so, what is its purpose?

It looks like it spent a few miles getting acquainted with my exhaust pipes. Whoever wired this thing left about two extra feet wrapped around my transmission cooling lines. I was glad to have a little extra, but I just wish it woul have been done right so that it would not have even been and issue.

Thanks for any help!

The neutral safety switch wire should run from the bulkhead along the firewall to the metal tab near the blower motor, then cross over the top of trans, and then to the neutral safety switch on the driver's side of the trans. This is to keep it from tangling in the shift & kick down linkages.

Someone ran it down the wrong side & tried to wrap it up to take up the excess.

Last edited:
-
Back