Electronic Ignition Distributor question

-

1BadDodge71

FABO Rice Hater
Reaction score
Hi everyone.Im having problems getting the 360 in my Duster to fire.At first,it was the fuel pump.Now I got fuel pressure and fuel,but its still not starting.It pops through the carb.I removed the distributor cap and noticed it was cracked.I also noticed that the reluctor was hitting the pickup.Its not supposed to hit the pickup right?There should be a gap shouldnt there?:shock:

First change that cap with a crack in it it will never work
it has been while since i set mine up but i m pretty sure there is a gap there it isnt lot though

First change that cap with a crack in it it will never work
it has been while since i set mine up but i m pretty sure there is a gap there it isnt lot though
Thanks!I think it cracked while taking the motor out of the car it was in.I shouldve pulled the distributor out but was afraid of messing up the timing.
Now i know,lol.

Thanks.I didnt destroy the reluctor and pickup by this did I?It didnt run very long like this and I dont see any wear on either one.

Got new cap and rotor and set the pick-up to .008 and it fired!Scared the crap out of me because it has open headers,lol.Thanks guys

Match book cover works also... lol

Glad you got it!

Better mike your match book cover, they're usuall around .018" not .008",
which is the clearance you need.
On the other hand, a match book cover is a time honored method for setting point gap on older vehicles.

-
Back