Electronic Ignition Question

-

1BadDodge71

FABO Rice Hater
Reaction score
Hi,I know ive been asking questions everywhere,so heres another one,lol

I recently bought some electronic ignition parts from a fellow member to convert my points ignition from the old points from my /6 to the 360 (it already has the electronic distributor)
He sent me a ballast resistor(2 prong),the ECU harness,and the ECU.Well,the ECU has 5 prongs,but the harness he sent along with them has 4 sockets.How can I make this work?Will I need a 4 prong ballast resistor and a 5 socket harness to fit the 5 prong ECU?Or is there a way I can make what I have work?I studied the diagram from the conversion kit on Summit and it looks like one wire isnt used on their wiring harness,and all of their ECUs are 4 pronged.

What you have will work. The 5th wire is a ground, all recent ECU's only have 4 wires and ground out through the housing. Just make sure to mount the box properly to ground it out.

What you have will work. The 5th wire is a ground, all recent ECU's only have 4 wires and ground out through the housing. Just make sure to mount the box properly to ground it out.
Thank you,Ive been studying diagram after diagram trying to understand this,lol:read2:

ecudia.jpg

-
Back