Embarrassing '80's Bands

-
What aboout the opposite, liking a band then and not wanting anyone to know. Igraduated in 84, and was a rocker guy, Black Sabbath, Blue Oyster Cult, Van Halen, Sammy Hagar, etc. But i was a closet Micheal Jackson listener. There, i said it

I can't disagree. The older MJ stuff before he got all obsessed with tryin to be a honky was pretty good. I liked the thriller album. Great video, too. All the girls loved that stuff....so I did too. LOL

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hk41Gbjljfo"]YouTube- XTC-Dear God[/ame]

morrissey,smiths,cure,associates,duran duran,joy division,depeche mode,magazine,new york dolls,slodive,oingo boingo

Some of these have withstood the test of time better than others and some are even still recording/performing. Still listen to The Smiths, the Cure and Depeche Mode. Were you as disappointed as I was when former NY Dolls frontman David Johansen sold out and came back a few years later with his whole Buster Poindexter personna?

Psycadelic furs
Men at Work
ABC
Wham
Thompson Twins
Duran Duran
Thomas Dolby
Petshop Boys
Yaz
The Bengals
The GoGo's
Eurythmics
Culture Club
Soft Cell
Frankie Goes to Hollywood
Dexys Midnight runners
Stray Cats
Madness
The Specials
The Human League
Tears For Fears
The Motels
Madonna
Oingo Boingo
Michael J.
Lived all this in Hollywood clubs.
Good times right there brothers !!!!!!

Likewise, some great bands here, like Dexys Midnight Runners, the Stray Cats, Madness and The Specials. Of course, admitting you liked Wham and The Culture Club IS pretty embarrassing! :bootysha:

I was a 80s metal head!

I liked Twisted Sister but I don't tell a lot of people about it. That band is just off of the top of my head that was embarrassing to look back on now.

In late '84 I discovered Metallica, and added them to my rotation of mostly hardcore punk. Then Megadeth got added, then I started going back to the '60s and '70s acid rock and hard rock that my older sisters introduced to me years before. Pretty soon by about '86 I was a fully converted metalhead, and punk was all but forgotten.

The only new wave stuff I ever consistently listened to throughout this time was Chrome and Joy Division. I liked the occasional popular song on the radio and MTV, but there's no way I would have added it to my collection. I was so damn stubborn and opinionated back then, and as I look back I was the same way about car brands. Now that I'm older I appreciate any music that's good, and any car that's cool. Part of growing up, I guess.

I had to endure "The Outfield". After a while it grew on me. The things I/We dealt with to get laid!

Some of these have withstood the test of time better than others and some are even still recording/performing. Still listen to The Smiths, the Cure and Depeche Mode. Were you as disappointed as I was when former NY Dolls frontman David Johansen sold out and came back a few years later with his whole Buster Poindexter personna?

Likewise, some great bands here, like Dexys Midnight Runners, the Stray Cats, Madness and The Specials. Of course, admitting you liked Wham and The Culture Club IS pretty embarrassing! :bootysha:

Ya,I guess your right.Just a bit embarrising.I guess it was just part of the deal to get the babes back to the Love Shack. 8)

Wait a minute,you liked the Smith's ?
Who's gayer Morrisey or Michael's ? :bootysha:

Ya,I guess your right.Just a bit embarrising.I guess it was just part of the deal to get the babes back to the Love Shack. 8)

Wait a minute,you liked the Smith's ?
Who's gayer Morrisey or Michael's ? :bootysha:

well...ol george was caught in the public stall, so i give the 'who's gayer award' to michaels.

well...unfortunately that was what I heard 1st..then the dolls, but yeah..

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-K4FPGdXbE"]YouTube- New York Dolls - Subway Train[/ame]

and yeah morrissey will probably tour till he croaks on stage, hopefully.lol

hard to beat his cover of this bowie song..

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v572u93I7Cg"]YouTube- morrissey drive-in saturday[/ame]

and heres a good depeche mode song

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Mh6hK8mEIw&feature=related"]YouTube- Depeche Mode "Blue Dress (violator LP montage)"[/ame]

I loved everything about the 80's except the cars and the parachute pants(I'll never wear those f'n things again).

pantera2.jpg

"Hop in my Chrysler,
it's as big as a whale
and it's about to set sail!
I got me a car, it seats about twenty
So c'mon and bring your jukebox money."

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=leohcvmf8kM"]YouTube- The B52's - Love Shack[/ame]

-
Back