Emblems & Decal placement for 72 340 Duster

-

Divenut

Reaction score
Hi Folks,

Working on my 72 340 Duster. One of the PO's removed all the emblems & decals (probably prior to an old re-paint):tard:. Can anyone refer me to a source that would show the correct emblems/decals and placement of them? Have all the mounting holes in the sheetmetal, but not sure what I need to fill them....Doh!

IMG_4066-1.jpg

Thanks as always!
Pat

^I'd like to know for the regular '72 Duster, too- iirc, mine should have had a 'plymouth' on the front corner of the hood, but there were no holes there (did they use adhesives way back then for that kind of stuff?).

edit -oh yeah, and Divenut, that looks great.

There's a "Duster" name plate that goes on the front fender right where 95TeeTee's is, and where the holes are on yours. Some say there's a third name plate that goes on the tail panel. According to the parts manual, not so. There's also a gold foil covered Pentastar that goes on the lower portion of the passenger side fender, too.

There is a single "Plymouth" name plate that goes on the right rear edge of the decklid (as viewed from the rear of the car). The plate is roughly centered on the right rear tail light assembly.

There is also a single "Plymouth" name plate that goes on the right front edge of the hood (as viewed from the front of the car).

The "Plymouth" name plates are adhesive backed. I've seen carpet tape trimmed to fit and moulding tape trimmed up to locate these items. (I've also seen RTV sealant and epoxy used. Wouldn't recommend them.)

IIRC, if one of the body side stripe kits was on the car, the name plates were replaced with decals. Hope this helps.

helps me, 2 Darts- thanks-I thought it might have had a 'Duster' on the trunk lid (I'm sure my Scamp had one -Scamp that is, not Duster :D) but knew the stripe kits had it, so wasn't sure (and there were no holes there either).

^I'd like to know for the regular '72 Duster, too- iirc, mine should have had a 'plymouth' on the front corner of the hood, but there were no holes there (did they use adhesives way back then for that kind of stuff?).

edit -oh yeah, and Divenut, that looks great.

Not sure when adhesive became the norm, but I have 3 holes on the front, drivers side, lip of my hood....So guessing I need a Plymouth" emblem there. (1 down :cheers:)

And Thanks!...she's coming along slow but sure. Your ride is sweet 95teetee.

There's a "Duster" name plate that goes on the front fender right where 95TeeTee's is, and where the holes are on yours. Some say there's a third name plate that goes on the tail panel. According to the parts manual, not so. There's also a gold foil covered Pentastar that goes on the lower portion of the passenger side fender, too.

There is a single "Plymouth" name plate that goes on the right rear edge of the decklid (as viewed from the rear of the car). The plate is roughly centered on the right rear tail light assembly.

There is also a single "Plymouth" name plate that goes on the right front edge of the hood (as viewed from the front of the car).

The "Plymouth" name plates are adhesive backed. I've seen carpet tape trimmed to fit and moulding tape trimmed up to locate these items. (I've also seen RTV sealant and epoxy used. Wouldn't recommend them.)

IIRC, if one of the body side stripe kits was on the car, the name plates were replaced with decals. Hope this helps.

Outstanding info. Thanks much 2 Dart. You rock!

Not sure when adhesive became the norm, but I have 3 holes on the front, drivers side, lip of my hood....So guessing I need a Plymouth" emblem there. (1 down :cheers:)

And Thanks!...she's coming along slow but sure. Your ride is sweet 95teetee.

thanks man
- I stripped my hood to bare metal (it had too many layers to go over again lol) and expected to find holes in that area, but there weren't any.

Hello, I know mine is not a real 340 but a made up one, here are a few pictures i found before I did mine, some are of my car and some are ones i found on web sites. It is later here in Michigan but in the morning I will take all good pictures for you.....

Attachments

• 340 scoop emblem.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 466
  • Blue Duster.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 503
  • IMAG0009.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 519
  • Pentastar%20Location%20002.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 423
  • Pentastar%20Location%20003.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 435
I will take one each of:
Trunk Lid, Hood one, Scoop one, and Side one... I know that it is not perfect but it will give you somewhat of an ideal of what maybe it should look like,,,,, Just trying to help.

Attachments

• DSC00162.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 669
I will take one each of:
Trunk Lid, Hood one, Scoop one, and Side one... I know that it is not perfect but it will give you somewhat of an ideal of what maybe it should look like,,,,, Just trying to help.

Holy Cr%p....Thanks very much! I really appreciate it RichardJ916 :prayer:. Your car came out beautifully...nice job.

Just an observation. In the short time I have been part of the MOPAR family, the thing that impresses me the most is the level of camaraderie and willingness to assist fellow members. And it is no better illustrated than here at FABO.

Thanks again guys,
Pat

Here are a few photos from cell phone, my girl friend took digital camera with her sorry,
Here also is a link on this website of all differnet dusters and demons....

Yes this is a great site,

Just ask and there are lots of guys here to help

Thanks
Let me know if you need anything

:hello2:

Attachments

• IMAG0042.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 517
  • IMAG0045.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 438
  • IMAG0046.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 486