empty fuel filter

-

93toyota

Reaction score
I never noticed this before but the fuel filter has little to know fuel in it. It is installed before the pump and is a fram clear filter. Before I had a mr gasket clear glass before the carb and it would fill the second the eng would crank. It is a stock carter schucks special pump and is as new as the motor( about 5000 miles). Any help will be great

I have seem this before but the car ran fine. I bet if you pointed the outlet up and the inlet down it would let the air escape and would fill completely. I am assuming that your filter is not mounted vertical.

nope it is horizontal. It runs fine though. It is the orange one you can get at an auto parts store in the filter isle

93toyota said:
nope it is horizontal. It runs fine though. It is the orange one you can get at an auto parts store in the filter isle
That's why its not filling it has an air lock at the top half of the filter. Also it means that the filter media flows so well that it only needs to use a portion of it to supply your motor. As the filter media gets dirty at the bottom the fuel will start to move its way up to the cleaner less restrictive media at the top.

-
Back