Empty garage.

-

AdamR

Big Member
Reaction score
Well the Scamp is in a new garage tonight. It was picked up yesterday. I now have a big empty garage. Only a few parts are left.

Maybe now I can rebuild my bank account. Building a car was getting to expensive and stressful for me. I decided I just need to step back and take sometime off from cars and spend some more time with Michelle and the kids.

I'll still be here all the time though. ;-)

You can take the mopar out of the garage but you can't shake the spirit. Family always comes first and there will always be an ever better A-body out there for you when the time is right. Till then we will value you and your experience.

-LY

PS: If anyone asks, just tell them that your scamp is *SO* secret that even YOU don't know where it is..... :)

i hear ya man... i do the sme thing every so often... the car is almost a sickness at time.. i just go crazy with it... and spend spend spend on it... pretty much burned out at this point... just went on a little vacation with jamie and tyler and guess what.. i want to go again..lol. its amazing what you miss out on when obcessed with a car.... don't get me wrong i still have a bunch of things i want to do to our cars but they may take a back seat to other things at this point....

Seems weird to me. I have been dealing with the kids and now I've lost my garage.

Got space for a '69 Valiant?

j/k. :smile:

This is a hobby for those with expendable money. You have to do what you have to do for the welfare of your family first. Will we hear more from the Scamp from another FABO member? You did sell it here ,didn`t you?

Hang in there Adam. It took me alot of years to get to
where I am now. Went without a car for about 10 years
when the kids were small. Now that there grown up and
out of the house, I have the time and some money.
You will never loose the sprit of MOPAR.

Sometimes I wonder what it would be like if I was one of those guys that didn't give a crap about cars. It seems that damn near every decision I make is based off cars. Where we live (garage), extra money goes to car parts, I get stressed out over the damn things, I get burnned out and dont even look at it for 6 months and them take all the crap from my buddies,'hey when are you ganna get that purple P.O.S. mofart on the road?". But damn it if I don't love the hell out of cars. When I lived in North Carolina I didn't have a car I liked for 6 months and I was ready to kill people.
I know what your feeling Adam, I have sold everything before too, clear your mind and start fresh....just don't start over with a ford.

Geez Adam
I just sent you a rim for it. You should get it on Tues, or Wed. Wish I had of read this post first. Hope you can find a user for it, or it could be the start of your next project?

Geez Adam
I just sent you a rim for it. You should get it on Tues, or Wed. Wish I had of read this post first. Hope you can find a user for it, or it could be the start of your next project?

Thats all right. I'll send a money order out for the shipping, Thanks.

Adam ,sad to hear of your loss. lol sounds like an obituary. Me and you are a lot different because I think like this You can have my wife ,my dog maybe but my mopar never. But my kids are grown,probably makes a difference.:love10:

Sometimes you have to take a back seat with the hobby. I bought my '73 Scamp in 1979 when I was 18. I started a family 11 years later and parked the car for about 10 years. I have now have had it out for a little while and am having fun once again. Believe it or not my 18 year old son is not interested in cars and couldn't care less about it.

Hope it doesn't take as long for you as i was for me. 30 years 2 months. My kids, family, business and work made it go pretty fast. My wife always says. Where did the last 20 years go?

DSC00069(1) (Small).JPG

you know its the right thing when it comes to you, my car is hurtin for certin but thats all i can do for it right now good for you man on going for the family thing first always get another car or hobbie dont trip dude more great things will come your way family always brother great site please stay with us you started it ehh! kids will love you for it bro

sinc. anderson family and many others im sure :salut:

That's is exactly why I will probably never get my car on the road... I come home from work and have a choice to work on the car or play with my little girl... she wins out every time!

Good choice!

Congrats on the sale! I always sell to fund another car that I just can't live without. Then immediately regret the loss of the one I sold. I soold my Cordoba and got the 300. I miss the 'doba. I'm trying to sell the blue duster, but I've had it since 2002, and will miss it if it sells. How far are you from Rochester? I have a car for that garage space. heh heh heh.
mike

Time and money. Odd how they impact everything else. All we really have is time, and often not enough money to use that time for the fun stuff the way we would like.

If you got the time Adam, get a scrapyard candidate junker and build it back slowly, when finances permit. No hurry, you're still young. That's how I did the Duster starting two years ago. It is still in progress, and I'm an old fart by FABO standards, I believe.

My new resto project is my bank account and credit. I will totally restoring them from the ground up.

I can dig it. That's the only reason I sell my cars. I'm down to just three cars and a truck (Ramcharger). Maybe I can get a credit card advance. If I can come up with $5K, my buddy will throw in a Dodge Van. I feel the shakes coming on, and need to purchase more stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

-
Back