enclosed trailer size

-

Realest

gearhead 4 life
Reaction score
I am shopping around for an enclosed trailer. What is the smallest trailer I can get away with for hauling 1969 dart and what is the suggested size I aim for based on your experience? (I would go measure the length of the car bumper to bumper for a minimal size requirement but I am not near the car currently)

Thank-you,
Ryan

DartProgress059.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

how I wish that were an option.

moving a project part 650km

If you are just moving it, I have hauled my 67 on a 16' open trailer. It was very tight and don't remember if I had the bumpers on it.

The smallest enclosed would be a 18' but very difficult to tie down unless E Track I would suggest a 20' minimum. I have a 24' and it is great.

Good luck in moving your car.

Unfortunately I am losing my garage. Not sure when I will have one back just yet. An enclosed with be needed to home it til I aquire or build a new home for it.

I think you will be very happy with a 24. Room for parts and your stuff. Just be very careful. I had my Trailer stolen with the wagon in it! Lock the hitch, take the wheels off, don't keep the wheels in the trailer, heavy duty locks on all the doors. Check on it often.

All depends.do you want to come out the door. Or go through the window. Look for a set up with deck above axles for full 100 in interior. Or long enough the 10" wide wheel tubs dontbug ya.

For length, go long enough to bend and work straps around.

I owned several 24' x 102"s which worked out great. That's the smallest I'd go.....not necessarily because of car fitment, but the resale value is generally higher for that size.

maybe a 53' you can buy those as cheap as a 24' and you would have room for the extra project you may pick up.
ya, i know, you said smallest!

Agree..... '24 would be the smallest I would want. I love my '28 work bench in front. Room for a Dart and A golf cart end to end.

For trailering and just using the trailer as a make shift garage in the driveway;
20 ft would do. I had a 70 Challenger before my Demon and I had a 20 ft enclosed
trailer and it worked fine....... I now have a garage to store the Demon in and have
worked my way down to a 16 ft open trailer.

Wilson
Ontario Canada

Attachments

• 395994_10151030869988762_1544147171_n.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 83
  • trailer.JPG
    121.6 KB · Views: 101
24ft is generally accepted as the right size. Anything smaller, and you'll hate yourself later. Like said, get one with 5200 axels.

Friend has a 20' enclosed and hauls his 70 roadrunner race car in it. He and I both agree that we go to the track to have fun. The home garage is for working on them. If the car is not ready when we want to go then we don't go. We both have full time jobs and racing is just for fun.

If you buy a 20' it will still be easy to sell, you just want to look to the Import racers or the guys who do swap meets love them. Also it would depend on what truck you will be towing it with..

-
Back