Ending an Auction early? V8 Centerlink needed asap?

-

wjaholic

My car stole my wallet!
Reaction score
I have an Abody center link on Ebay. I recieved a message from the one guy that is bidding on it asking me to end it early because he needs it ASAP. What would you guys do? Would you end it early?

revise the auction with a (buy it now) at an agreed price and let him buy it then. just my two cents.mike.

I guess I'm old school. It's an auction. Let it play out. If you hadn't placed it for autcion, he'd still be looking. It's an item that seems to sell any time one comes up for sale...

If it's a 67-72 or a 73-76 center link, there isn't any difference /6 or v8. The 63-66 cars had a different link for each configuration /6 or v8. If it's the one for $15, that's a good price for the link.

Good luck with it.

What's his feedback score? Take that into consideration. You don't want to get scammed. About ten years ago, I had a guy jump into an auction at the last minute and bump the price way up. He turned out to be a deadbeat bidder. I got my listing fees reimbursed from eBay and relisted it, but it didn't get as high as the last auction's legitimate high bid.

Not the same situation you are dealing with, but just a reminder to beware of scammers, etc. on eBay.

Good luck with it!

Often someone asking to end early is wanting to get the item at a low price-most action in auction is in the last 3 min. Or are running a scam of some kind.

A lot will depend on what he is offering and which year it is. If it's the '64-6 A-body V8 bar, I've seen those bring $100 at times. If it's a later one, they rarely sell for more than $10 as crackedback noted, they are all the same 6 or 8. If the offer is generous enough (and it should be if he's asking for a quick sale), you may want to go for it. Personally, I don't end auctions early.

revise the auction with a (buy it now) at an agreed price and let him buy it then. just my two cents.mike.

Yeah, if he really want it quickly, he should go for this. Like others have said, most people asking for you to end early are just trying to cut out the competition.

Along this thread I put in my auction that I do not end early,I do not do "buy it now" and do not ask to buy it after the auction ends.

I always answer an inquiry such as this with.... " If you are the winning bidder, I will do everything possible to get you this item as quickly as possible. However , in the interest of fairness to the number of people watching this item, I will not end the auction. In the past, I have been the person watching an item I needed, only to have the auction ended early and did not get a chance to win the item fairly. I did not appreciate it and neither would any interested parties to this item. I hope you understand and will still be a potential customer, as you will be treated with the same honesty and respect given to all my customers. Thanks for your interest in my items!!"

And every word I say is true, I have been on the other end of an auction where I needed the item and was watching it only to have it sold and the auction ended early. I usually do not give a seller that would do this a second chance next time they have items listed, it's just not fair!!! JMO, Geof

I feel the same way-thats one reason why I will not end early. If I get "I did not see your item until it was to late can I buy it now" email I tell them (politely) that I will be happy to re-list if they will place a bid with in 48 hours and if they say "yes" but do not place a bid then I lock them out from all my auctions.

I for one hate getting "sniped" in the last second when wanting to buy a part. As a seller, the last second "sniper" doesn't let an auction see it's true price. Come up with a price you think is fair and put a buy it now price for him. By the way, did you offer it for sale here?

I for one hate getting "sniped" in the last second when wanting to buy a part. As a seller, the last second "sniper" doesn't let an auction see it's true price. Come up with a price you think is fair and put a buy it now price for him.

Then proxy bid your highest price you are willing to pay. That can work against you as well.

I've been sniped and snipe stuff myself. Part of the deal. It's not a true auction anyways because it's a timed gavel.

If it's the one for $15, that's a good price for the link.

Yes, that is the one.

I always answer an inquiry such as this with.... " If you are the winning bidder, I will do everything possible to get you this item as quickly as possible. However , in the interest of fairness to the number of people watching this item, I will not end the auction. In the past, I have been the person watching an item I needed, only to have the auction ended early and did not get a chance to win the item fairly. I did not appreciate it and neither would any interested parties to this item. I hope you understand and will still be a potential customer, as you will be treated with the same honesty and respect given to all my customers. Thanks for your interest in my items!!"

And every word I say is true, I have been on the other end of an auction where I needed the item and was watching it only to have it sold and the auction ended early. I usually do not give a seller that would do this a second chance next time they have items listed, it's just not fair!!! JMO, Geof

Thanks! That is exactly what I was thinking but didn't know how to phrase it. If you dont mind I copied and pasted it in the auction. I didn't want to use it with out thanking you guys for helping me with it.

Thanks!

-
Back