Engine Bay Opinions

-

QuarterHorse

Reaction score
Body color or black? I'm having a hard time deciding on what to do. The car will be a silver. I was debating on running the engine bay the silver, or just spraying it black.

Your thoughts and opinions? Maybe photos of your own stuff? I plan on the engine/heads to also be black as well, unless I go for some aluminium heads.

Body color or black? I'm having a hard time deciding on what to do. The car will be a silver. I was debating on running the engine bay the silver, or just spraying it black.

Your thoughts and opinions? Maybe photos of your own stuff? I plan on the engine/heads to also be black as well, unless I go for some aluminium heads.
Body Color

Body color looks the best. It tells others that you have spent the time of detailing the fire wall as well as a show car look.

I like a black engine bay. That's just my opinion. That's what mine is. It's your choice. Lots of people will say mopars are suppose to be body color which they are. I like mine black. I have seen alot of engine bays black in mopars. It's up to you.

Fred B

I personally like body-colored engine bays with clean wiring and lots of bare aluminum, which is the direction I'm going with my Barracuda.

But here's a couple pictures of my junk. The first is my Barracuda when it still had a 360 and black engine bay. The second picture is my Demon 340's engine bay, which is body-colored. Sorry that I don't have any wider pictures, they were both taken with a cell-phone camera:

Over360-1.jpg

GoodDemon340-1.jpg

Here's some examples of engine bays that I think are done perfectly. I stole both of these from BigBlockDart.com. The first is "Sycboi's" engine bay, the second is "Caper's" engine bay. I hope they don't mind me using them as examples. I'm going to attempt to mimic this look with my Barracuda someday:

sycboisenginebay.jpg

capersenginebay.jpg

Over360-1.jpg

Over360-1.jpg

GoodDemon340-1.jpg

GoodDemon340-1.jpg

sycboisenginebay.jpg

sycboisenginebay.jpg

capersenginebay.jpg

capersenginebay.jpg

Go with body color, it will make your black engine stand out and really it's all about the engine!!

Thanks fellas for all the input. I was leaning towards body color, as these inner fenders are so freakin' huge compared to any/all of the Mustangs I've had my hands on.
Any and all feedback is welcome.

Thanks!

-
Back