Engine bay: what isn't needed?

-
Yea it's a factory ac car. I'm just wondering if I want it under the hood... I'm hopin to put PISHTA's turbo setup on it eventually with 8-10psi. Idk if it'll fit will the compressor.

Wow. I finally looked under my hood again today and I am LOST!! I have no idea what all this wiring and vacuum lines and modules are for or if they're needed!! I guess I'll just leave things go now....

if you need pics i can shoot you some. ive de-smogged a ton of mopars, 3 of my own, and 5 later 70's trucks. the 4 inch round gizmobob, get it out, the egr timer, looks like a voltage regulator but has 3 wires, and is usually poo-green in color, jank that, one wire goes to the main junction usually by the master cylinder, that feeds anything under the hood that requires switched ignition power (brain box, voltage regulator, the red field wire in the alternator) the other two go to a switched vacuum valve for the EGR, ovbiously the egr can go, i always hack the dashpot off and re-use the cast base as a blockoff with some steel core gasket material to cap the hole, charcoal canister, buhbye, i use the return line to the tank as a fuel return line, via an orificed 5/16 and 1/4 inverted flare filter, 5/16 from the pump, 5/16 to the carb, 1/4 flare is orificed and i use that as a return line. i think theyre the filter used on mercury topaz's in 85-86 ish. i figure it helps the fuel pump out a bit, at least it cant hurt anything. if you dont want to do that, cap the lines. those are the main parts anyway, as stated above, a tech manual (i like haynes, theres lots of pictures) will be worth its weight in gold. and remember, check twice, hack once.

Yea more pics would be great! I might actually be trading the car for a driver. Idk yet.

ok theres more stuff i forgot to mention too, theres ported vacuum valves in the radiator and possibly the head, my very crappy job of circling things to remove will lead you to the items for removal, the vac lines heading to the radiator, will take you to the valve(s) they will be 3/8 pipe thread, you will need plugs. theres 2 vacuum reserviors, the one mounted near the air filter assembly, and the second on the inner fender. make sure the one on the inner fender doesnt control cruise control (if equipped) or your heater controls. the top left is where im pretty sure looking at your pics, is where the egr timer is. theres also whats called an OSAC valve on the air cleaner assembly, you can remove that if your like. the pics ive supplied hopefully will help.

Attachments

• 2012-12-27_20-30-25_592.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 206
  • 2012-12-27_20-31-16_151.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 204
  • 2012-12-27_20-33-48_523.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 206
  • slanty 6.jpg
    157.4 KB · Views: 186
alright so the image i spent 20 minutes setting up in photoshop is horrendously too big to post on here.....and its in a photoshop format and if i downsize it to post, its way way to small.....its been 7 years since ive messed with this crap :banghead: so heres the original pic i modded....without mods grrrrr.....itll get you going in the right direction for wiring anyway.

Attachments

• 2012-12-27_20-37-31_34.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 206
Keep it simple brah, there isn't a lot that is needed. If it looks like sh*t it probably is.

-
Back