[FOR SALE] Engine compartment splash shields

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure. The guy I got them from had 2nd generation Barracuda. It may be from one of those 67-69 years. I was hoping someone who knew what they needed would recognize them.

Karl where do these actually bolt to? They don't look like anything on my 68 Cuda, except maybe the part behind the headlight buckets but they aren't engine compartment splash shields. I'll look under the fender of my car tomorrow and see if they are the headlight bucket splash shields and let you know.

Karl where do these actually bolt to? They don't look like anything on my 68 Cuda, except maybe the part behind the headlight buckets but they aren't engine compartment splash shields. I'll look under the fender of my car tomorrow and see if they are the headlight bucket splash shields and let you know.

three selftaping screws hold them to the frame rail right behind the wheel well. i think there to deflect exhaust heat from the tire and steering linkage.

three selftaping screws hold them to the frame rail right behind the wheel well. i think there to deflect exhaust heat from the tire and steering linkage.

Yes, that's where I believe that they go. I think that they bolt toward the rear of the engine area off of the frame rail to protect the starter from splashing water from the front tires.

Many people leave them off.

I need one but I'd have to look under my Cuda to see it yours are the same and if there is a left and right. Don't want to buy one if it won't fit.
I'll also take a pic so other members can see where they go.
Thanks,
treblig

Yes, they are called "starter splash shields". On the E-bodies they were plastic and were only used on automatic cars. 4-speed cars weren't supposed to get them. Not sure if that applies to A-bodies as well. Only one is used per car. It mounts on the DS on the bottom of the frame rail. The steering linkage goes through the "notch" in the shield.

Yes, they are called "starter splash shields". On the E-bodies they were plastic and were only used on automatic cars. 4-speed cars weren't supposed to get them. Not sure if that applies to A-bodies as well. Only one is used per car. It mounts on the DS on the bottom of the frame rail. The steering linkage goes through the "notch" in the shield

I need one but I'd have to look under my Cuda to see it yours are the same and if there is a left and right. Don't want to buy one if it won't fit.
I'll also take a pic so other members can see where they go.
Thanks,
treblig

Sure appreciate seeing a pic of where these go. I looked all over the frame rail of my car and it has no holes to bolt anything too that isn't already used. I see the starter hanging down so it makes sense these would be a splash shield to shield it from water/dirt, etc when your turning a hard left

It was on auto cars only.

Left side (1) per car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back