engine compartment

-

Tadams

Tadams
Reaction score
Okay, first coat, waiting to flash.

WP_20170722_09_27_54_Pro.jpg

This has been a long process. Getting anxious now. You will get there. Had doubts that I would be at this point.

What paint? Git r done before any direct sunlight gets on it. Paint can be funny and solvent pop or wrinkle if it skins over too fast and trapps solvents.

Paint is Nason acrylic enamel. Really close to the original color. Has taken me two years to deside on the color. I actually purchased ivory and was going to have the original gold interior and gold stripes.

Looks great, gold is nice to see and nostalgic for me. Your determination is something to be proud of.

Thanks for the motivation. I am definitely starting to realize my dream come true.

Mike I'm not sure. The car was born gold on gold. I had decided to do ivory with gold stripes and interior. Even purchased the paint which is in my den. I think the stripe looks great on ivory but not so sure about on gold. As you see in the photo the stripe on gold isn't as attractive. My opinion anyway

Purchase used 1965 Plymouth Formula S Barracuda 4 speed 273 V8 Classic ___.jpg

I don't know. I thought about using a plastic coat that could be easily removed and try a few things. May end just gold.

Mike I'm not sure. The car was born gold on gold. I had decided to do ivory with gold stripes and interior. Even purchased the paint which is in my den. I think the stripe looks great on ivory but not so sure about on gold. As you see in the photo the stripe on gold isn't as attractive. My opinion anyway

@ U Directly .... Hey Tadams, I have a good friend who has a Gold on Gold 65 'cuda.. I love that car.. we park together at events... some even think we are Dad & Son (me being the Dad.. sigh~) as his car is twin to mine almost... his is a 4 Speed Formula "S" even... he is running a Black Stripe... but was Born with a factory White stripe !!! (I read his code plate)... Do the stripe... Black.. or Ivory.... just saying... but, it is Your Baby !!!!
Chris_clif_cuda_65.jpg

Last edited:
I absolutely love the ivory with the gold interior and stripes. But the decision to stay original was just to strong

Thank s, This entire project has taken longer than I planned. This phase actually went very quickly. Hope to drop the motor back in next week. Have to run the new brake lines and wiring first.

Thank s, This entire project has taken longer than I planned. This phase actually went very quickly. Hope to drop the motor back in next week. Have to run the new brake lines and wiring first.
It may have taken longer than expected but the result was worth it.

Looks awesome Tom! Nice work. Love your choice of color too.
The Commando engine has to be one of the coolest Mopar engines. Great job there as well.

@ U Directly .... Hey Tadams, I have a good friend who has a Gold on Gold 65 'cuda.. I love that car.. we park together at events... some even think we are Dad & Son (me being the Dad.. sigh~) as his car is twin to mine almost... his is a 4 Speed Formula "S" even... he is running a Black Stripe... but was Born with a factory White stripe !!! (I read his code plate)... Do the stripe... Black.. or Ivory.... just saying... but, it is Your Baby !!!! View attachment 1715078273
Cliff the picture you posted looks better than the one I did. Makes me reconsider my thoughts

-
Back