Engine CRADLES....HELP

-

1970Duster

Reaction score
Ok my 340 is going to be sitting for awhile so I can get the car together (long story and the car is getting done in an a$$ backwards way). So I need to know which company makes a good to great quailty engine stand, that is preferrably adjustable/universal (I do deal with chevy and ford as well). Any help/info would be great!:salute:

.............Any name brand 1 will b good........kim.........
Been running across a few brand name ones, so I'll be good there. Do you know of any that have a universal mounting setup?

make your own.

My 340 is sitting on a homemade cart and parked under a shelf with the shelves loaded with parts for the disassembled dart. (cant get pics as it is buried)

something like this but i made a complete square for the base.
engine%20cradle.gif

although i made mine so it would sit low and the oil pan is between the wheels since i wanted to tuck it into a small area.

That is a great idea! That means I can get mine really low to the ground

Ahh Yeah even better Idea! BTW has anybody ever told you that motor you got there is dead sexy?!?! Also gotta ask why not a counter clockwise turbo on the (as you look at the front) right side?

Ahh Yeah even better Idea! BTW has anybody ever told you that motor you got there is dead sexy?!?! Also gotta ask why not a counter clockwise turbo on the (as you look at the front) right side?

Well the Turbo's I used do not have that option. You can get them made that way but they are out of this builds budget. Nelson Racing gets them like that so you know they are very expensive.

.....Those photos belong in the blue forum...... (engine ****.)

Great idea, I'll haveta go look over my engine stand.

Ok my 340 is going to be sitting for awhile so I can get the car together (long story and the car is getting done in an a$$ backwards way). So I need to know which company makes a good to great quailty engine stand, that is preferrably adjustable/universal (I do deal with chevy and ford as well). Any help/info would be great!:salute:

I used this engine cradle from Summit. It worked very well.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SUM-G1052-1/

I bought a cheap stand but the down fall of those they will start to sag. What I did was cut a board to keep the front of the engine up instead of sagging. I knew that I wouldn't be using that stand much anyways.

Harbor freight furniture dolly. On sale for 7-11 bucks sometimes. Pan fits right in the hole on the bottom and throw a ratchet tie down strap over it. Man, I'm cheap.....

I have also used 4 pieces of 2X10 lumber. cut short ones to go down each side of oil pan. Let the pan rails sit on these and nail or screw two longer to each end. I let them stick out on each side enough to keep from tipping. I have hauled engines across 3 states without a problem. The furniture mover is also good idea, Joe

-
Back