engine forward working harness alternator.

-

BOXHEADgumby

Reaction score
I've been scratching my head at getting my alternator into my 74 duster , it was an original slant six with a 318 swap done prior to when I got the car. it only had the motor no accesories and trans in the car and I found the original wiring harness in the trunk got it put back into place and realized it is missing the alternator side of things so I've been attempting to wire it in myself but just can't quite get things right. Has anyone ever had to purchase just this section before ? If so where at?

I stripped the engine harnesses from a slant years ago, might have been a 1974. I used the lamp harness in re-wiring my 65 Dart. I may have the section you need. Post a photo of what you need to connect to. As I recall, it had a large rectangular "56 terminal" connector for the wires going to the alternator and distributor.

I do have a 1964 slant, but don't need that 70's harness since I did all custom wiring. If your only goal is the alternator wiring, you could do that from scratch. Install the Vreg on the inner fender beside the alternator. Feed it IGN power. I used a relay so power is straight from the battery, not via the key switch and thru the bulkhead (causes many problems).

Feed it IGN power. I used a relay so power is straight from the battery, not via the key switch and thru the bulkhead (causes many problems).

Thanks for the advice.I had done all except the relay. That must be where things were getting messed up. I actually was pointed to a local alternator shop who built me a single wire alt for 82$ i am going to go that route for simplicity. Now I just need to find a fuel cell or an old beer keg as the fuel tank is no good.

-
Back