Engine install on assembly line

-
Only option 4spd premium bucket seats air cleaner pkg formula s yellow . Seams bare bones . Could this have been ordered as a factory road coarse car?

Is there anyone how could take the vin and track this car from build to today ? As far as owners and such. What can I do to get a build sheet and the card that go’s in the inner fender card holder

Is there anyone how could take the vin and track this car from build to today ? As far as owners and such. What can I do to get a build sheet and the card that go’s in the inner fender card holder
We all wish there was a nationwide VIN database that could track all that.

You might be able to get some information through Chrysler Historical as far as the IBM punch card used for assembly. Chrysler Historical new contact info.

C23 is the scheduled production date Dec 23 1965. The 5 digit number after that is a shipping order number
Thanks everyone for your input it’s exciting to get opinions and input. Try to learn something every day .

My 8/17/65 shipping order date 1966 Barracuda has a B273 engine stamp, so, I don't think yours got a "left over" A273 engine.

My B10 (November 10, 65) date 273 has a block with a born-on date of 8/2/65 (night shift) and it is a B273 stamped engine.

My 8/17/65 shipping order date 1966 Barracuda has a B273 engine stamp, so, I don't think yours got a "left over" A273 engine.
I agree, the build code is to far away to be a left-over motor from 65'. I would think it would make more sense that someone swapped it out in the first few years, for a more performance motor in its time. The 340's were not out yet for that option or it would have been one of those. To answer your build sheet dilemma, build sheets could be found in the back or bottom of the rear seat, above the glove box carboard liner and on top of the fuel tank. I even heard of under the carpet flooring, but I never found one there myself. The other places, yes. Being a different intake and head bolt pattern, I would not think Chrysler would substitute a "A" motor for a "B" motor, unless maybe it was an employee-built car. Crazier things have happened at the plants. Just recently someone had a car painted a color that was not an option. I think it was one of the "Hellcats".

-
Back