Engine Machine And Drivetrain Shops In The Bay Area

-

Thrashard340

Reaction score
After trading a few PM's with GTXperience a few nights ago, I came to the conclusion that it's just too hard to find a good shop nowadays. Let's face it, you don't want to shell out thousands of $'s for a new motor and have it fail because someone left an oil plug out. I keep reading about these kinds of horror stories over and over again. I did a search on the subject but could not find any comprehensive information in this area. I am getting ready to have an engine built and I have neither the time nor money for mistakes.

So let's start a thread where members can make recommendations about shops in their area. (Admin: Possible sticky in each region?) Let's make recommendations on the following types of shops.

Engine machine and rebuild
Drivetrain shops (transmission and driveline/rear end)
Chassis fabrication and racing
Speed shops

I'll use Mopar Engines West as an example. I had someone recommend them to me and they are recognized in various Mopar publications as well. Then I dug a little deeper. I had 2 separate individuals that were building high $ motors. Both had issues with delivery times and ETA's. There were communication breakdowns, err on the side of the shop. 1 of the people I spoke to was working on a 7 second 1/4 mile racecar so deadlines were very important. So the conclusion I came to is that Mopar Engines West is quite capable of building a strong motor, the location is great (about 5-10 min away) but I need a shop that will communicate better and provide a quick turnaround. MEW seems backlogged.

-
Back