Engine mount 1968 340 barracuda

-

johnnycuda

JohnnyCuda's 68
Reaction score
So I pulled my engine mount out, and it looked like the 1st pic.
I ordered one and it came in looking like the 2nd pic.
We looked it up for a 5.2 318 and it comes up with the correct engine mount that’s in my car. I have the original motor by the numbers it’s a 68 340, so why do I have the wrong mount? Anybody run into this?

IMG_5715.jpeg

IMG_5726.jpeg

Did they send you a biscuit and mount together? The metal piece should be seperate from the rubber biscuit.

OK, so this is the reverse “passenger side “engine mount looks identical to the driver side. I have the flat one with the two threaded studs. That’s not a 340 mount? 1st pic is mine 2nd pic is of a 318 mount 3rd is what comes up for a 340

IMG_5715.jpeg

IMG_5725.png

IMG_5726.jpeg

2nd pic is what you want. That is actually called a rubber isolator(I believe) The mount is the all metal piece and has no rubber. Let's see a better Pic of what u received
OK, so this is the reverse “passenger side “engine mount looks identical to the driver side. I have the flat one with the two threaded studs. That’s not a 340 mount? 1st pic is mine 2nd pic is of a 318 mount 3rd is what comes up for a 340

View attachment 1716281989

View attachment 1716281990

View attachment 1716281991

That's a B/E body set up.

You need a biscuit style.

Wherever you are buying from has that all kinds of fubared!

BTW, that pass side mount is the same as the drivers side.

The biscuit, two plates rubber in between, with stud on each plate, is the same part both sides. What came off your car was the correct part.

yes, AFAIK, and I could be wrong, but all A-body biscuits from at least 67 to 72 are the same. and they fit all small block brackets. Biscuits are often listed as engine mounts.

But, as @4spdragtop said,
as for the metal brackets, the 340/360 engines have only 3 bolts on the one side versus 4 on the other, and the lug spacing is different on those. I forget which side is different.
In a pinch, the 318 brackets can be adapted to the 340 lugs.

These are the right biscuits
1722127421905.png

Just boxed wrong. Happens all the time when they switch brands, I.E, from AJ's to Steve's. Reps come in and re-box everything. Boxes are pre-labeled. Just a goof up. I see it at Napa, where I work. Have seen it at AZ and AAP. Steve is correct.

-
Back